The Northeastern Huskies (5-5) will try to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the James Madison Dukes (5-2) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 as 5.5-point favorites. The Dukes have won three games in a row. The over/under in the matchup is set at 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northeastern (-5.5)||Under (142)||Northeastern 74 JMU 68|
- In 30% of their games this season (three of 10 chances), the Huskies and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- JMU has played in five games this season (out of seven total matchups — 71.4% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 142 points.
- The Huskies and the Dukes combine to average 3.4 more points per game than the over/under of 142 set for this matchup.
- The Huskies and the Dukes have seen their opponents average a combined 4.5 less points per game than the point total of 142 set in this matchup.
- The Huskies average point total in outings this season is 137.5, 4.5 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Dukes this season is 3.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Northeastern Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Huskies have covered seven times in 10 contests.
- Northeastern and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the total in 5 of 10 games this season (50%).
JMU Betting Information
- JMU has a winning record against the spread, going 4-1 ATS (covering 80% of the time).
- In most of Dukes games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (3 out of 5 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Northeastern||-12||149||-909||+566||Regular Season||77-57 NEAST|
|12/30/2019||Northeastern||-2.5||149.5||-146||+121||Regular Season||88-72 NEAST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-60 NEAST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-68 NEAST|
- Tyson Walker leads the Huskies in points and assists per game, scoring 16.2 points and distributing 5.3 assists.
- Shaquille Walters is the Huskies best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.8 boards in each contest while scoring 10.8 points per game.
- The Huskies get the most three-point shooting production out of Jason Strong, who makes 2.0 threes per game.
- Walker and Chris Doherty lead Northeastern on the defensive end, with Walker leading the team in steals averaging 1.9 per game and Doherty in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- Matt Lewis averages 22.5 points and tacks on 4.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Dukes’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Dukes’ top rebounder is Terrence Edwards — he pulls down 5.1 per game while averaging 5.7 points per game.
- Lewis leads the Dukes in three-point shooting with an average of 3.0 made threes per game.
- JMU’s leader in steals is Terell Strickland with 2.1 per game, and its leader in blocks is Justin Amadi with 0.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED