The Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-19) visit the Northwestern Wildcats (8-14) after losing 10 road games in a row. The Wildcats are favored by 7 points in the contest, which begins at 1:30 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 140 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nebraska (+7)||Over (140)||Northwestern 74 Nebraska 68|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined for 140 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 22 opportunities (63.6%) this year.
- Nebraska has played in 15 games this year (out of 25 total matchups — 60% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 140 points.
- The Wildcats and the Cornhuskers combine to average 0.7 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this matchup.
- The Wildcats and the Cornhuskers have seen their opponents average a combined 4.6 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set in this matchup.
- The Wildcats average point total in outings this season is 141.5, 1.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Cornhuskers this year is 3.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats score 71 points per contest, just 3.1 fewer points than the 74.1 the Cornhuskers allow their opponents.
- Northwestern is 4-2 overall and 3-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 74.1 points.
- Nebraska has a 5-9 record against the spread and a 1-13 record overall when giving up more than 71 points.
- The Cornhuskers put up only 0.8 fewer points than the Wildcats allow (70.5).
- Nebraska has put together a 6-6 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.5 points.
- Northwestern has an ATS record of 4-6-1 and a 1-10 record overall when its opponents score more than 69.7 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled only nine more points than their opponents this season (0.5 per game on average), while the Cornhuskers have been out-scored by 110 total points (4.4 per game average differential).
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 9-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Wildcats have fared well against the spread, putting up a 1-0 record.
- The Wildcats have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 20 games (40%).
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has a losing record against the spread, going 11-13 ATS (covering only 45.8% of the time).
- When they play as at least 7-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have a record ATS of 2-1.
- Nebraska has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 41.7% of matchups this season (10 out of 24 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2020||Nebraska||-1.5||147||-125||+102||Regular Season||81-76 NWU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-57 NWU|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-50 NEB|
- Chase Audige leads the Wildcats in scoring, tallying 12.5 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Pete Nance leads the Wildcats in rebounding, averaging 6.6 per game, while Boo Buie leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.0 in each contest.
- Buie provides the bulk of the Wildcats’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- The Northwestern steals leader is Audige, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Nance, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
- Dalano Banton puts up 6.2 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game, placing him atop the Cornhuskers’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Nebraska’s Teddy Allen puts up 16.4 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game, making him the top scorer on the squad.
- Allen is dependable from three-point range and leads the Cornhuskers with 2.0 made threes per game.
- Nebraska’s leader in steals is Trey McGowens with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Banton with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED