Duane Washington Jr. leads the No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes (18-5) into a matchup against the Michigan State Spartans (12-9) after scoring 30 points in a 92-87 loss to Michigan. The Buckeyes are 4-point favorites in the game on Thursday, February 25, 2021, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 148.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ohio State (-4)||Under (148.5)||Ohio State 75 Michigan State 70|
- In 34.8% of their opportunities this year (eight of 23 chances), the Buckeyes and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- Michigan State has combined with its opponents to score at least 148.5 points in nine of 21 games (42.9%) this year.
- The Buckeyes and the Spartans combine to average 1.3 more points per game than the total of 148.5 set for this game.
- The Buckeyes and the Spartans have seen their opponents average a combined 7.2 fewer points per game than the point total of 148.5 set in this game.
- The Buckeyes average point total in matchups this year is 148.1, 0.4 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total in Spartans games this year is 5.5 fewer points than the point total of 148.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes average 6.8 more points per game (78.5) than the Spartans give up (71.7).
- Ohio State has a 17-1 record overall and a 14-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 71.7 points.
- In games Michigan State allows more than 78.5 points, it is 1-6 against the spread and 1-6 overall.
- The Spartans score an average of 71.3 points per game, only 1.7 more points than the 69.6 the Buckeyes allow to opponents.
- Michigan State has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Ohio State’s record is 3-4 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it allows more than 71.3 points.
- The Buckeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 205 points this season (8.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Spartans have out-scored them by only nine more points on the year (0.4 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- The Buckeyes have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 14-9 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Buckeyes have fared well against the spread, putting up a 7-5 record.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have gone over the total in 13 of 23 games (56.5%) this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 6-15 ATS.
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Spartans have a record ATS of 1-9.
- In the majority of Michigan State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 21 games, 47.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/31/2021||Ohio State||-6||141.5||-253||+205||Regular Season||79-62 OSU|
|3/8/2020||Michigan State||-6.5||138||-300||+235||Regular Season||80-69 MSU|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-44 MSU|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-77 MSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- E.J. Liddell leads the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.9 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- CJ Walker is the Buckeyes best passer, dishing out 4.2 assists per game while scoring 9.1 PPG.
- Duane Washington Jr. leads his teammates on the Buckeyes with 2.9 made threes per outing.
- Justice Sueing and Liddell lead Ohio State on the defensive end, with Sueing leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Liddell in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry scores 15.2 points and adds 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Michigan State’s Joey Hauser stats (6.1 rebounds per game, 10.3 points per game, 1.6 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Gabe Brown leads his teammates on the Spartans with 1.6 made threes per contest.
- Henry (1.3 steals per game) and Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.4 blocks per game) pace the Spartans in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Creighton Bluejays vs. Georgetown Hoyas: 3/13/2021 Big East Championship Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends