The No. 5 seed Ohio State Buckeyes (19-8) are favored by 1.5 points when they play the No. 4 seed Purdue Boilermakers (18-8) in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals Friday at Lucas Oil Stadium, beginning at 2:00 PM ET on BTN. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the Big Ten championship.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have recorded more than 142.5 points in 48.1% of their games this year (13 of 27 opportunities).
- In 10 of 26 games (38.5%) this year, Purdue has combined with its opponents to score at least 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.2 more points per game (147.7) than this game’s total of 142.5 points.
- The Buckeyes and the Boilermakers have seen their opponents average a combined 6.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 142.5 set in this outing.
- The Buckeyes average point total in outings this season is 147, 4.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total for Boilermakers games this season is 6.2 fewer points than the point total of 142.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes put up 11.4 more points per game (76.9) than the Boilermakers allow (65.5).
- When Ohio State totals more than 65.5 points, it is 19-4 overall and 14-0 against the spread.
- Purdue is 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread when giving up more than 76.9 points.
- The Boilermakers average just 0.7 more points per game (70.8) than the Buckeyes give up (70.1).
- Purdue is 13-1 overall and 10-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.1 points.
- Ohio State is 4-9 against the spread and 7-6 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 70.8 points.
- The Buckeyes have totaled 184 more points than their opponents this season (6.8 per game on average), and the Boilermakers have scored 139 more points than their opponents (5.3 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Ohio State is good against the spread, going 14-13 this season.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Buckeyes have struggled to a 9-10 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, Ohio State and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 14 of 27 chances this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has a winning record against the spread, going 15-8-2 ATS (covering 60% of the time).
- The Boilermakers have fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 10-5 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Purdue’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (13 out of 25 games, 52%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/19/2021||Ohio State||-5||137.5||-226||+183||Regular Season||67-65 PUR|
|12/16/2020||Purdue||-6.5||131.5||-308||+244||Regular Season||67-60 PUR|
|2/15/2020||Ohio State||-5.5||127.5||-252||+197||Regular Season||68-52 OSU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-51 PUR|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-67 PUR|
Ohio State Leaders
- E.J. Liddell leads the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 16.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
- CJ Walker is the Buckeyes best passer, distributing 4.3 assists per game while scoring 9.2 PPG.
- Duane Washington Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Buckeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per contest.
- Justice Sueing is Ohio State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Liddell leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
- The Boilermakers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Trevion Williams with 15.2 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- The Boilermakers’ leading assist machine is Eric Hunter Jr. with a stat line of 2.8 assists, 9.0 points, and 2.2 rebounds per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic is the top scorer from deep for the Boilermakers, hitting 2.1 threes per game.
- Hunter (1.1 steals per game) and Zach Edey (1.0 block per game) lead the Boilermakers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds