The No. 16 Oklahoma Sooners (14-8) are favored (-2) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 15 Texas Longhorns (15-7) at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Lloyd Noble Center. The contest airs on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 142.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (+2)||Over (142.5)||Oklahoma 73 Texas 71|
- In 54.5% of their opportunities this season (12 of 22 chances), the Sooners and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- In 13 of 22 opportunities (59.1%) this season, Texas has combined with its opponents to score more than 142.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 150.7 points per game, 8.2 more points than the over/under of 142.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 137.6 points per game, 4.9 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average over/under the Sooners have had set in matchups this year is 2.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Longhorns this season is 1.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Sooners put up 75.6 points per game, 7.1 more points than the 68.5 the Longhorns give up.
- Oklahoma is 12-3 overall and 8-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.5 points.
- Texas is 0-6 against the spread and 2-4 overall when giving up more than 75.6 points.
- The Longhorns score an average of 75.1 points per game, six more points than the 69.1 the Sooners give up.
- When it scores more than 69.1 points, Texas is 6-0 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- Oklahoma has a 3-4 record overall and an ATS record of 2-5 in games when its opponents put up more than 75.1 points.
- The Sooners have totaled 143 more points than their opponents this season (6.5 per game on average), and the Longhorns have scored 145 more points than their opponents (6.6 per game).
Oklahoma Betting Information
- Oklahoma has been good against the spread this season, posting a 12-10 record.
- The Sooners have posted a losing record of 4-9 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- Oklahoma and its opponents have converted the over just 10 times in 22 (45.5%) games this season.
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has a losing record against the spread, going 8-14 ATS (covering only 36.4% of the time).
- The Longhorns have not fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 4-10 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 14 of 22 (63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2021||Texas||-3||143.5||-163||+135||Regular Season||80-79 OU|
|3/3/2020||Oklahoma||-7||132.5||-319||+249||Regular Season||52-51 UT|
|1/8/2020||Texas||-3||135.5||-161||+132||Regular Season||72-62 OU|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-67 OU|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 UT|
- The Sooners leader in points, rebounds and assists is Austin Reaves, who averages 17.6 points, 5.7 boards and 5.1 assists per game.
- Umoja Gibson leads the Sooners in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Oklahoma steals leader is Elijah Harkless, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Kur Kuath, who compiles 1.3 rejections per contest.
- Andrew Jones is the top scorer for the Longhorns with 14.8 points per game. He also adds 5.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his statistics.
- Greg Brown III has a stat line of 6.9 rebounds, 10.7 points and 0.3 assists per game for Texas to take the top rebound spot on the team. Matt Coleman III holds the top spot for assists with 4.4 per game, adding 12.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per matchup.
- Courtney Ramey contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Longhorns. He makes 2.0 threes per game.
- The Longhorns’ leader in steals is Coleman with 1.2 per game, and Brown is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends