The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-16) will attempt to end a 13-game losing streak when they host the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-11) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at Pinnacle Bank Arena as 6-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup’s point total is set at 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nebraska (+6)||Over (142.5)||Penn State 74 Nebraska 69|
- In 52.6% of their games this year (10 of 19 chances), the Nittany Lions and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- Nebraska and its opponents have added up to score at least 142.5 points in 50% of their games this season (10 of 20 opportunities).
- The Nittany Lions and the Cornhuskers combine to average 1.0 less point per game than the over/under of 142.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.9 more points per game (146.4) than this matchup’s total of 142.5 points.
- The average over/under the Nittany Lions have had set in games this season is 3.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Cornhuskers this year is 1.0 point less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.7 points the Nittany Lions put up per game are the exact same amount as the Cornhuskers give up (72.7).
- When Penn State puts up more than 72.7 points, it is 5-5 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- In games when Nebraska gives up more than 72.7 points, it is 3-7 against the spread and 0-10 overall.
- The Cornhuskers put up only 4.9 fewer points than the Nittany Lions allow (73.7).
- Nebraska is 3-0 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it scores more than 73.7 points.
- Penn State’s record is 3-9 overall and 4-8 against the spread when it allows more than 68.8 points to its opponents.
- The Nittany Lions have a negative point differential on the season (-18 total points, -1 per game), as do the Cornhuskers (-78 total points, -3.9 per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-9 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Nittany Lions have put up a 1-1 record ATS.
- Penn State and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 8 of 19 games this season (42.1%).
Nebraska Betting Information
- The Cornhuskers have a losing record against the spread, going 8-11 ATS (covering just 42.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- Nebraska and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 6 of 19 (31.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/14/2021||Penn State||-11||146.5||-674||+475||Regular Season||61-60 PSU|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-64 PSU|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-71 PSU|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 NEB|
Penn State Leaders
- The Nittany Lions scoring leader is Myreon Jones, who averages 14.9 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- John Harrar leads Penn State in rebounding, averaging 8.5 per game, while Jamari Wheeler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.2 in each contest.
- Jones contributes the bulk of the Nittany Lions’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Wheeler is Penn State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Seth Lundy leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
- Dalano Banton puts up 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game, placing him atop the Cornhuskers’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Teddy Allen’s stat line of 16.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game put him atop the Cornhuskers scoring leaderboard.
- Allen is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Cornhuskers, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Nebraska’s leader in steals is Trey McGowens (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Banton (1.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak
- Men’s College Basketball Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 8 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week
- Men’s College Basketball Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 7 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week