The No. 11 seed Penn State Nittany Lions (11-12) are favored by 6.5 points in the Big Ten Tournament when they square off the No. 14 seed Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-20) Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium, starting at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (-6.5)||Under (146.5)||Penn State 76 Nebraska 69|
- In 47.8% of their opportunities this year (11 of 23 chances), the Nittany Lions and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 146.5 points.
- In 13 of 26 games (50%) this season, Nebraska and its opponents have combined to score more than 146.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 142.6 points per game, 3.9 fewer points than the over/under of 146.5 set for this game.
- The Nittany Lions and the Cornhuskers have seen their opponents average a combined 0.9 more points per game than the over/under of 146.5 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Nittany Lions have had set in games this year is 0.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Cornhuskers games this season is 2.2 fewer points than the point total of 146.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Nittany Lions score 72.6 points per contest, just 1.7 fewer points than the 74.3 the Cornhuskers allow their opponents.
- Penn State is 7-0 against the spread and 7-5 overall when scoring more than 74.3 points.
- When Nebraska gives up more than 72.6 points, it is 6-9 against the spread and 1-14 overall.
- The Cornhuskers put up an average of 70 points per game, only 3.1 fewer points than the 73.1 the Nittany Lions give up.
- Nebraska has gone 5-5 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 73.1 points.
- Penn State is 4-9 against the spread and 3-10 overall when it gives up more than 70 points.
- The Nittany Lions have a negative point differential on the season (-12 total points, -0.5 per game), as do the Cornhuskers (-111 total points, -4.3 per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 12-11 record.
- The Nittany Lions have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 6.5 points.
- The Nittany Lions have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 23 contests this season, a rate of 43.5%
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 12-13 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- In most of Nebraska’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (11 out of 25 games, 44%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2021||Penn State||-6.5||145||-283||+223||Regular Season||86-83 PSU|
|2/14/2021||Penn State||-11||146.5||-674||+475||Regular Season||61-60 PSU|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-64 PSU|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-71 PSU|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 NEB|
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones leads the Nittany Lions in scoring, tallying 15.5 points per game to go with 2.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- John Harrar is Penn State’s leading rebounder, pulling down 8.4 per game, while Jamari Wheeler is its best passer, distributing 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Jones provides the bulk of the Nittany Lions’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.4 threes per game to lead the squad.
- The Penn State steals leader is Wheeler, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Seth Lundy, who compiles 0.6 rejections per contest.
- Dalano Banton has racked up 6.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cornhuskers leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Teddy Allen’s stat line of 16.4 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game put him at the top of the Cornhuskers scoring leaderboard.
- Allen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cornhuskers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per game.
- Nebraska’s leader in steals is Trey McGowens (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Banton (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED