The Penn State Nittany Lions (9-11) host the Purdue Boilermakers (15-8) as 1-point favorites after Myreon Jones racked up 29 points in the Nittany Lions 86-83 victory over Nebraska. The matchup airs on FS1 at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 26, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have combined for 140 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 20 opportunities (70%) this season.
- Purdue has played in 12 games this season (out of 23 total matchups — 52.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 140 points.
- These two teams average a combined 144.2 points per game, 4.2 more points than the total of 140 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.5 more points per game (140.5) than this game’s total of 140 points.
- The average point total in Nittany Lions games this year is 7.6 more points than the total of 140 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Boilermakers games this season is 2.9 less points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.4 points per game the Nittany Lions put up are 7.1 more points than the Boilermakers allow (66.3).
- When Penn State totals more than 66.3 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 7-7 overall.
- In games when Purdue gives up more than 73.4 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Boilermakers’ 70.8 points per game are just 3.4 fewer points than the 74.2 the Nittany Lions allow.
- When it scores more than 74.2 points, Purdue is 8-0 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- Penn State has a 3-9 record overall and an ATS record of 4-8 in games when its opponents score more than 70.8 points.
- The Nittany Lions have a -15-point scoring differential on the season (-0.8 per game). The Boilermakers have out-scored opponents by 105 points on the season (4.5 more per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have been an even bet against the spread this season at 10-10.
- The Nittany Lions have struggled to cover, going just 2-5 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- Penn State and its opponents have converted the over just 9 times in 20 (45%) games this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 12-8-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the Boilermakers have a record ATS of 8-5.
- Purdue has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 54.5% of matchups this season (12 out of 22 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/17/2021||Purdue||-4||140.5||-189||+155||Regular Season||80-72 PUR|
|2/11/2020||Purdue||-5||135.5||-225||+178||Regular Season||88-76 PSU|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-64 PUR|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-90 PUR|
Penn State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Nittany Lions this season is Jones, who averages 15.6 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- John Harrar leads Penn State in rebounding, averaging 8.8 per game, while Jamari Wheeler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- Jones makes more threes per game than any other member of the Nittany Lions, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Wheeler and Seth Lundy lead Penn State on the defensive end, with Wheeler leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Lundy in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
- Trevion Williams records 16.0 points and 9.1 rebounds per game for the Boilermakers, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Eric Hunter Jr. dishes out 3.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Boilermakers.
- Sasha Stefanovic’s 2.3 made threes per game lead the Boilermakers.
- The Boilermakers’ leader in steals is Hunter with 1.2 per game, and Zach Edey is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds