The Pittsburgh Panthers (9-7) host the NC State Wolf Pack (8-9) in a matchup of ACC teams at Petersen Events Center, tipping off at 4:30 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The Panthers are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 143 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (-3.5)||Under (143)||Pittsburgh 73 NC State 70|
- In seven of 16 opportunities (43.8%) this year, the Panthers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 143 points.
- NC State has played in 11 games this year (out of 17 total matchups — 64.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 143 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.6 more points per game (145.6) than this matchup’s total of 143 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 140.1 points per game, 2.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Panthers average point total in matchups this year is 141.6, 1.4 points below the total in this game.
- The average total in Wolf Pack games this year is 1.1 more points than the point total of 143 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Panthers record 72.1 points per contest, just 1.5 more points than the 70.6 the Wolf Pack allow their opponents.
- When Pittsburgh scores more than 70.6 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- NC State is 2-6 overall and 2-5-1 against the spread when giving up more than 72.1 points.
- The Wolf Pack score an average of 73.5 points per game, only four more points than the 69.5 the Panthers give up.
- NC State has compiled a 7-4 overall record and a 6-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.5 points.
- Pittsburgh’s record is 2-4 overall and 1-5 against the spread when it allows more than 73.5 points to its opponents.
- The Panthers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 42 points this season (2.6 points per game on average), and the Wolf Pack have put up 49 more points than their opponents on the year (2.9 per game).
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- Pittsburgh has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-7 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Panthers have put together a 3-3 record ATS.
- The Panthers have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (8 of 16 contests).
NC State Betting Information
- NC State has a losing record against the spread, going 6-10-1 ATS (covering only 35.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Wolf Pack have a record ATS of 4-4.
- In most of Wolf Pack games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 17 games, 52.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||NC State||-5||139||-220||+176||Conference Tournament||73-58 NCSU|
|2/29/2020||NC State||-8.5||135||-439||+326||Regular Season||77-73 NCSU|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-76 NCSU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-80 NCSU|
- The Panthers leader in points and rebounds is Justin Champagnie, who scores 18.7 points and grabs 11.6 boards per game.
- Pittsburgh’s best passer is Xavier Johnson, who averages 6.1 assists per game to go with his 14.1 PPG scoring average.
- Ithiel Horton provides the most three-point shooting production for the Panthers. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- Johnson and Champagnie lead Pittsburgh on the defensive end, with Johnson leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Champagnie in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
NC State Leaders
- Devon Daniels is at the top of the Wolf Pack scoring leaderboard with 16.5 points per game. He also grabs 5.3 rebounds and averages 2.9 assists per game.
- Manny Bates puts up a stat line of 6.1 rebounds, 9.7 points and 0.4 assists per game for NC State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Cam Hayes has the top spot for assists with 3.1 per game, adding 6.1 points and 1.9 rebounds per contest.
- Daniels provides the most three-point shooting production for the Wolf Pack. He makes 1.6 threes per game.
- NC State’s leader in steals is Shakeel Moore with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Bates with 2.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED