The No. 6 seed Providence Friars (13-12) are 7-point favorites in the Big East Tournament over the No. 11 seed DePaul Blue Demons (4-13) on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. The game tips at 9:00 PM ET and airs on FS1, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+7)||Over (133)||Providence 71 DePaul 67|
- The Friars and their opponents have scored more than 133 points in 68% of their outings this year (17 of 25 opportunities).
- DePaul and its opponents have combined to score at least 133 points in eight of 17 outings (47.1%) this year.
- The Friars and the Blue Demons combine to average 3.1 more points per game than the over/under of 133 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.9 more points per game (140.9) than this game’s over/under of 133 points.
- The average over/under the Friars have had set in games this season is 6.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Blue Demons this season is 4.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Friars average just one fewer point per game (70.2) than the Blue Demons give up (71.2).
- Providence is 8-3 overall and 7-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- DePaul is 2-6 overall and 3-4-1 against the spread when giving up more than 70.2 points.
- The Blue Demons score an average of 65.9 points per game, just 3.8 fewer points than the 69.7 the Friars allow to opponents.
- In games when it scores more than 69.7 points, DePaul is 4-0-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Providence is 6-10 against the spread and 6-11 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 65.9 points.
- The Friars have totaled just 11 more points than their opponents this season (0.5 per game on average), while the Blue Demons have been out-scored by 91 total points (5.3 per game average differential).
Providence Betting Information
- The Friars have been an even bet against the spread this season at 12-12.
- The Friars have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- Providence and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 12 of 24 games this season (50%).
DePaul Betting Information
- The Blue Demons have a 7-9-1 record against the spread, covering in just 41.2% of their matchups.
- The Blue Demons have fared well as a 7-point underdog, going 2-0 against the spread when they are at least 7-point underdogs.
- In most of DePaul’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 17 games, 23.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2021||Providence||-2.5||139||-143||+119||Regular Season||57-47 PROV|
|12/27/2020||Providence||-6.5||143||-299||+238||Regular Season||95-90 PROV|
|3/7/2020||Providence||-10||136.5||-587||+417||Regular Season||93-55 PROV|
|1/4/2020||DePaul||-2.5||140||-148||+120||Regular Season||66-65 PROV|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-55 DEPAUL|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-67 PROV|
- The Friars leader in points and assists is David Duke, who scores 17.2 points per game along with 4.8 assists.
- Nate Watson is Providence’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.6 boards in each contest while scoring 16.8 points per game.
- Duke’s 2.0 threes per game leads the Friars.
- Duke is the Friars leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Watson leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
- Charlie Moore scores 14.4 points and tacks on 4.4 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Blue Demons’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Pauly Paulicap grabs 6.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 7.7 points per game and adds 0.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the DePaul rebounding leaderboard.
- Duke leads his teammates on the Blue Demons with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- DePaul’s leader in steals is Javon Freeman-Liberty (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Ongenda (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak
- Men’s College Basketball Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 8 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week
- Men’s College Basketball Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 7 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week