The Marquette Golden Eagles (8-7) visit the Providence Friars (8-7) as 1.5-point underdogs after D.J Carton scored 23 points in the Golden Eagles 68-61 loss to DePaul. The matchup airs on CBS Sports at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 139.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Friars and their opponents have combined to record more than 139 points in 60% of their outings this year (nine of 15 opportunities).
- In seven of 15 games (46.7%) this season, Marquette has combined with its opponents to score more than 139 points.
- The Friars and the Golden Eagles combine to average 6.2 more points per game than the total of 139 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.2 more points per game (141.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 139 points.
- The average total the Friars have had set in matchups this season is 5.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Golden Eagles games this season is 2.7 more points than the point total of 139 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Friars record just 3.4 more points per game (72.9) than the Golden Eagles give up (69.5).
- When Providence totals more than 69.5 points, it is 7-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Marquette allows more than 72.9 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Golden Eagles put up just 0.6 more points per game (72.3) than the Friars allow their opponents to score (71.7).
- In games it scores more than 71.7 points, Marquette is 4-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Providence has a 2-4 record overall and an ATS record of 2-3 in games when its opponents put up more than 72.3 points.
- The Friars have totaled only 19 more points than their opponents this season (1.2 per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have scored 42 more points than their opponents (2.8 per game).
Providence Betting Information
- The Friars have gone 7-7 against the spread this season.
- The Friars have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or higher.
- More often than not, Providence and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 8 of 14 chances this season.
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has a losing record against the spread, going 5-10 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Golden Eagles have a record ATS of 3-6.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 15 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||Marquette||-4||139||-188||+155||Regular Season||79-69 MARQ|
|2/22/2020||Providence||-2||142||-137||+109||Regular Season||84-72 PROV|
|1/7/2020||Marquette||-6||144.5||-270||+211||Regular Season||81-80 PROV|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-58 MARQ|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-68 MARQ|
- The Friars leader in points and assists is David Duke, who scores 18.7 points per game along with 4.7 assists.
- Nate Watson is Providence’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.8 boards in each contest while scoring 18.6 points per game.
- Duke leads the Friars in three-point shooting with an average of 2.2 made threes per game.
- Jared Bynum and Jimmy Nichols Jr. lead the Friars on the defensive end, with Bynum leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Nichols in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
- Dawson Garcia records 12.7 points and 7.2 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- The Golden Eagles’ leading assist machine is D.J. Carton with a stat line of 3.5 assists, 12.2 points, and 3.4 rebounds per game.
- Koby McEwen is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Golden Eagles, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- The Golden Eagles’ leader in steals is D.J. Carton with 1.4 per game, and Theo John is their leader in blocks with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED