The Northwestern Wildcats (6-9) are 7.5-point underdogs as they look to stop an eight-game losing streak when they visit the No. 24 Purdue Boilermakers (12-7) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Mackey Arena. The matchup airs at 4:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under set at 137.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Purdue (-7.5)||Over (137.5)||Purdue 75 Northwestern 66|
- The Boilermakers and their opponents have totaled at least 137.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this year.
- Northwestern has played in 12 games this year (out of 15 total matchups — 80% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 137.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 145 points per game, 7.5 more points than the over/under of 137.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 138.2 points per game, 0.7 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Boilermakers games this year is 0.9 less points than the total of 137.5 in this matchup.
- Wildcats games this season have averaged an over/under of 146.7 points, 9.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Boilermakers put up only 1.6 fewer points per game (70.3) than the Wildcats give up (71.9).
- Purdue is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.9 points.
- In games when Northwestern allows more than 70.3 points, it is 1-6 against the spread and 0-7 overall.
- The Wildcats’ 74.7 points per game are 8.4 more points than the 66.3 the Boilermakers allow to opponents.
- In games when it scores more than 66.3 points, Northwestern is 5-0 against the spread and 6-5 overall.
- Purdue is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 74.7 points.
- The Boilermakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 76 points this season (four points per game on average), and the Wildcats have put up 42 more points than their opponents on the year (2.8 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue is strong against the spread, going 10-7-1 on the season.
- The Boilermakers fare well when favored by at least 7.5 points, posting a 2-1 record against the spread.
- The Boilermakers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 8 times in 18 games this season.
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 5-8 ATS.
- The Wildcats have fared well as an 7.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Wildcats games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 13 games, 46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-58 PUR|
|12/8/2019||Purdue||-13||126.5||-1204||+683||Regular Season||58-44 PUR|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-57 PUR|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Boilermakers is Trevion Williams, who averages 15.8 points and 9.9 rebounds per game.
- Purdue’s best passer is Eric Hunter Jr., who averages 3.4 assists per game to go with his 9.5 PPG scoring average.
- Sasha Stefanovic connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Boilermakers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.6 per game.
- Hunter is Purdue’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Zach Edey leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Miller Kopp sits at the top of the Wildcats scoring leaderboard with 13.7 points per game. He also collects 2.8 rebounds and dishes out 1.3 assists per game.
- The Northwestern leaders in rebounding and assists are Pete Nance with 6.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.5 points and 1.9 assists per game) and Boo Buie with 4.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.9 points and 2.3 rebounds per game).
- Buie contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Wildcats. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Chase Audige (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nance (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED