The Rhode Island Rams (8-9) are at home in A-10 action against the UMass Minutemen (6-3) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Rams are favored by 7.5 points in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s point total is 144.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMass (+7.5)||Over (144.5)||Rhode Island 74 UMass 71|
- The Rams and their opponents have combined for 144.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 17 opportunities (35.3%) this season.
- UMass has combined with its opponents to score at least 144.5 points in six of nine games (66.7%) this year.
- The Rams and the Minutemen combine to average 3.9 more points per game than the total of 144.5 set for this game.
- The Rams and the Minutemen have seen their opponents average a combined 6.2 fewer points per game than the point total of 144.5 set for this game.
- The Rams average point total in matchups this year is 140, 4.5 points less than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Minutemen games this season is 2.2 more points than the point total of 144.5 for this outing.
Rhode Island Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Rams have covered nine times in 17 contests.
- The Rams have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- Rhode Island has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 9 of 17 games for a 52.9% rate.
UMass Betting Information
- UMass has a 5-4 record against the spread, covering in 55.6% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Minutemen have a record ATS of 1-2.
- In the majority of Minutemen games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 9 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Rhode Island||-2.5||153||-146||+121||Regular Season||80-78 UMASS|
|3/7/2020||Rhode Island||-2.5||142||-151||+124||Regular Season||64-63 URI|
|2/4/2020||Rhode Island||-15.5||145.5||-1938||+912||Regular Season||73-67 URI|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-75 URI|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-70 UMASS|
Rhode Island Leaders
- The Rams leader in points and assists is Fatts Russell, who scores 14.5 points per game to go with 4.1 assists.
- Antwan Walker is Rhode Island’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.1 boards in each contest while scoring 8.3 points per game.
- Jeremy Sheppard contributes the bulk of the Rams’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Russell and Makhel Mitchell lead the Rams on the defensive end, with Russell leading the team in steals averaging 1.9 per game and Mitchell in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
- Tre Mitchell sits on top of the Minutemen leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 20.0 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Noah Fernandes dishes out more assists than any other UMass player with 5.2 per game. He also averages 11.9 points and grabs 4.9 rebounds per game.
- Carl Pierre hits 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Minutemen.
- Fernandes (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for UMass while Tre Mitchell (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds