The UMass Minutemen (7-3) are 8.5-point underdogs as they try to continue a three-game road winning streak when they square off against the Richmond Spiders (10-3) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at Robins Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is 150 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMass (+8.5)||Under (150)||Richmond 77 UMass 70|
- The Spiders and their opponents have totaled at least 150 points — this matchup’s over/under — in three of 13 games (23.1%) this season.
- UMass and its opponents have combined to score at least 150 points in six of 10 games (60%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 153.1 points per game, 3.1 more points than the total of 150 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 137.1 points per game, 12.9 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Spiders average point total in matchups this season is 144.4, 5.6 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Minutemen this season is 4.2 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Richmond Betting Information
- Richmond has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering six times in 12 contests.
- The Spiders have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- The Spiders and their opponents have gone over the total in 7 of 12 games (58.3%) this season.
UMass Betting Information
- UMass has a 6-4 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their outings.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Minutemen have a record ATS of 1-2.
- UMass and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 10 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Richmond||-11||141||-726||+492||Regular Season||95-71 RICH|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-79 UMASS|
- The Spiders scoring leader is Blake Francis, who averages 16.4 per contest to go with 2.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Tyler Burton is Richmond’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.6 per game, while Jacob Gilyard is its best passer, distributing 5.2 assists in each contest.
- The Spiders get the most three-point shooting production out of Francis, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
- Gilyard and Burton lead the Spiders on the defensive end, with Gilyard leading the team in steals averaging 3.5 per game and Burton in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
- The Minutemen’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Tre Mitchell with 20.0 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Noah Fernandes’ assist statline leads UMass; he dishes out 5.2 assists per game.
- Carl Pierre makes more threes per game than any other member of the Minutemen, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.6 per outing.
- The Minutemen’s leader in steals is Fernandes with 1.9 per game, and Mitchell is their leader in blocks with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends