The No. 7 seed Rutgers Scarlet Knights (14-10) face off against the No. 10 seed Indiana Hoosiers (12-14) as 3-point favorites in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Lucas Oil Stadium, beginning at 6:30 PM ET on BTN. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Indiana (+3)||Over (131)||Rutgers 71 Indiana 69|
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have totaled at least 131 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 16 of 24 games (66.7%) this year.
- Indiana has played in 19 games this year (out of 26 total matchups — 73.1% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 131 points.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Hoosiers combine to average 9.9 more points per game than the over/under of 131 set for this game.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Hoosiers have seen their opponents average a combined 6.8 more points per game than the over/under of 131 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Scarlet Knights have had set in matchups this season is 7.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Hoosiers games this year is 9.2 more points than the point total of 131 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights average just 0.7 more points per game (70.4) than the Hoosiers give up (69.7).
- Rutgers has an 11-1 record overall and an 8-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 69.7 points.
- Indiana is 4-9 overall and 3-9-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 70.4 points.
- The Hoosiers score an average of 70.5 points per game, just 2.4 more points than the 68.1 the Scarlet Knights allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 68.1 points, Indiana is 8-0-1 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- Rutgers is 4-7 against the spread and 4-7 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 70.5 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have totaled 56 more points than their opponents this season (2.3 per game on average), and the Hoosiers have scored 20 more points than their opponents (0.8 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights are 12-12 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Scarlet Knights have struggled to a 6-7 record ATS this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 11 of 24 contests this season, a rate of 45.8%
Indiana Betting Information
- Indiana has a losing record against the spread, going 11-13-2 ATS (covering only 42.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 3-point underdogs, the Hoosiers have a record ATS of 5-5-2.
- The Hoosiers and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 14 of 26 (53.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2021||Rutgers||-3.5||132.5||-175||+143||Regular Season||74-63 RUTGERS|
|1/24/2021||Indiana||-5||134.5||-220||+180||Regular Season||74-70 RUTGERS|
|1/15/2020||Rutgers||-3.5||129.5||-175||+143||Regular Season||59-50 RUTGERS|
|3/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-73 IU|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-58 RUTGERS|
- The scoring leader for the Scarlet Knights this season is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 15.3 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- Myles Johnson is Rutgers’ leading rebounder, pulling down 8.6 per game, while Jacob Young is its best passer, distributing 3.5 assists in each contest.
- The Scarlet Knights get the most three-point shooting production out of Harper, who knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- Young and Johnson lead Rutgers on the defensive end, with Young leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.5 per contest.
- Trayce Jackson-Davis sits on top of the Hoosiers leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 19.1 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.
- Indiana’s assist leader is Rob Phinisee with 2.7 per game. He also scores 7.2 points per game and tacks on 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Armaan Franklin leads his teammates on the Hoosiers with 1.7 made threes per outing.
- The Hoosiers’ leader in steals is Armaan Franklin with 1.2 per game, and Jackson-Davis is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED