The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (8-6) host the Michigan State Spartans (8-4) after losing three straight home games. The Scarlet Knights are favored by only 2.5 points in the contest, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 28, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rutgers (-2.5)||Over (142)||Rutgers 76 Michigan State 70|
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have combined to record more than 142 points in 71.4% of their games this year (10 of 14 opportunities).
- In eight of 12 opportunities (66.7%) this year, Michigan State has combined with its opponents to score more than 142 points.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Spartans combine to average 7.4 more points per game than the over/under of 142 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (142.4) than this matchup’s total of 142 points.
- The Scarlet Knights average point total in matchups this season is 144.6, 2.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Spartans games this year have averaged an over/under of 147.3 points, 5.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights average just 2.1 more points per game (73.4) than the Spartans give up (71.3).
- When Rutgers puts up more than 71.3 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Michigan State has a 0-6 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall when giving up more than 73.4 points.
- The Spartans score an average of 76 points per game, just 4.9 more points than the 71.1 the Scarlet Knights give up to opponents.
- Michigan State is 7-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.1 points.
- Rutgers has an ATS record of 3-2 and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 76 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have out-scored their opponents by a total of 32 points this season (2.3 points per game on average), and the Spartans have put up 56 more points than their opponents on the year (4.7 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 6-8 record.
- The Scarlet Knights have posted a losing record of 1-5 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have gone over the total in 8 of 14 games (57.1%) this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 3-9 ATS.
- The Spartans have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 2-9 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Spartans and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 6 of 12.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/5/2021||Michigan State||-3||148.5||-166||+138||Regular Season||68-45 MSU|
|12/8/2019||Michigan State||-14||141.5||-1430||+798||Regular Season||77-65 MSU|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-60 MSU|
|11/30/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-67 MSU|
- The scoring leader for the Scarlet Knights this season is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 18.3 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- Myles Johnson leads the Scarlet Knights in rebounding, averaging 8.6 per game, while Jacob Young leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- The Scarlet Knights get the most three-point shooting production out of Harper, who knocks down 2.5 threes per game.
- Young and Johnson lead Rutgers on the defensive end, with Young leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.1 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry averages 13.9 points and tacks on 3.7 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Joey Hauser is at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard with 8.1 rebounds per game. He also racks up 11.8 points and tacks on 1.9 assists per game.
- Gabe Brown provides the most three-point shooting production for the Spartans. He makes 1.5 threes per game.
- Henry leads the Spartans defensively with 1.6 steals and 1.6 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED