The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-13) are expected to continue a six-game losing streak when they host the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (13-10) as 3.5-point underdogs at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Williams Arena. The matchup airs on FOX. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 12 of 23 opportunities (52.2%) this season, the Scarlet Knights and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- In 15 of 26 outings (57.7%) this year, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.9 more points per game (143.4) than this matchup’s total of 140.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.9 points per game, 1.4 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Scarlet Knights average point total in outings this season is 138.1, 2.4 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Golden Gophers games this year is 6.7 more points than the point total of 140.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights put up just 3.8 fewer points per game (70.1) than the Golden Gophers allow (73.9).
- Rutgers has a 9-1 record overall and a 7-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 73.9 points.
- Minnesota has a 3-11-1 record against the spread and a 4-11 record overall in games when it allows more than 70.1 points.
- The Golden Gophers score 5.3 more points per game (73.3) than the Scarlet Knights give up to opponents (68).
- Minnesota has put together a 9-0-2 ATS record and a 12-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68 points.
- Rutgers has an ATS record of 3-5 and a 3-5 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.3 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have out-scored their opponents by a total of 49 points this season (2.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Golden Gophers have out-scored them by only 14 more points on the year (0.6 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- Rutgers has not fared well against the spread this season, posting an 11-12 record.
- The Scarlet Knights have posted a losing record of 4-7 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- The Scarlet Knights have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 23 contests this season, a rate of 43.5%
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 9-14-2 ATS (covering just 36% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have not fared well, going 3-4-1 against the spread.
- In most of Minnesota’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (13 out of 25 games, 52%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/4/2021||Rutgers||-5.5||140.5||-245||+195||Regular Season||76-72 RUTGERS|
|1/19/2020||Rutgers||-6||128||-275||+217||Regular Season||64-56 RUTGERS|
|2/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-64 RUTGERS|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-70 MINN|
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring, tallying 15.5 points per game to go with 6.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Myles Johnson leads Rutgers in rebounding, averaging 8.3 per game, while Jacob Young leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- The Scarlet Knights get the most three-point shooting production out of Harper, who knocks down 1.7 threes per game.
- The Rutgers steals leader is Young, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Johnson, who compiles 2.6 rejections per contest.
- Marcus Carr’s points (20.1 per game) and assists (5.0 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards.
- Liam Robbins’ stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 11.7 points and 1.1 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard.
- Carr connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.1 per game.
- Carr (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Minnesota while Robbins (2.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED