The Northwestern Wildcats (6-11) are expected to extend a 10-game losing streak when they visit the No. 25 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (11-7) as 8.5-point underdogs at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The game airs on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rutgers (-8.5)||Over (137.5)||Rutgers 77 Northwestern 67|
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have put up at least 137.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 12 of 18 games (66.7%) this year.
- Northwestern and its opponents have added up to score more than 137.5 points in 82.4% of their matchups this season (14 of 17 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 9.3 more points per game (146.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 137.5 points.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Wildcats have seen their opponents average a combined 3.9 more points per game than the over/under of 137.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Scarlet Knights games this season is 3.7 more points than the over/under of 137.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Wildcats this year is 9.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.3 points the Scarlet Knights score per game are just 0.2 fewer points than the Wildcats give up (72.5).
- Rutgers is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 72.5 points.
- Northwestern is 2-5-1 against the spread and 0-8 overall when allowing more than 72.3 points.
- The Wildcats’ 74.5 points per game are 5.6 more points than the 68.9 the Scarlet Knights give up.
- Northwestern is 6-7 overall and 6-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.9 points.
- Rutgers has a 3-5 record overall and an ATS record of 3-5 in games when its opponents score more than 74.5 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have out-scored their opponents by a total of 61 points this season (3.4 points per game on average), and the Wildcats have put up 34 more points than their opponents on the year (two per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, posting an 8-10 record.
- The Scarlet Knights have posted a losing record of 0-3 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- The Scarlet Knights have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (9 of 18 contests).
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 6-8-1 ATS.
- When they play as at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have a record ATS of 1-0.
- Northwestern has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 53.3% of matchups this season (8 out of 15 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/31/2021||Rutgers||-3.5||139||-175||+143||Regular Season||64-56 RUTGERS|
|2/9/2020||Rutgers||-10.5||129.5||-670||+475||Regular Season||77-73 RUTGERS|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-56 RUTGERS|
|1/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-57 NWU|
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring, tallying 16.4 points per game to go with 5.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Myles Johnson is Rutgers’ leading rebounder, grabbing 8.5 per game, while Jacob Young is its best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Harper paces his teammates on the Scarlet Knights with 1.9 made threes per game.
- Young is the Scarlet Knights leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Johnson leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
- Chase Audige racks up 12.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- Pete Nance has a stat line of 6.8 rebounds, 12.1 points and 1.7 assists per game for Northwestern to take the top rebound spot on the team. Boo Buie holds the top spot for assists with 4.5 per game, adding 9.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per contest.
- Buie makes 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats’ leader in steals is Audige with 1.4 per game, and Nance is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED