The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (13-8) are at home in Big East play against the Xavier Musketeers (11-3) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Red Storm are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 155 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY)||-2.5||-108||-114||155||-110||-110||-139||115|
- The Red Storm and their opponents have totaled at least 155 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 21 games (42.9%) this season.
- Xavier has combined with its opponents to score more than 155 points in three of 14 outings (21.4%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 156.9 points per game, 1.9 more points than the total of 155 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 145.7 points per game, 9.3 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The average over/under the Red Storm have had set in matchups this season is 0.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Musketeers games this year is 8.2 fewer points than the point total of 155 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.4 points per game the Red Storm record are 10.1 more points than the Musketeers allow (69.3).
- When Saint John’s (NY) totals more than 69.3 points, it is 12-5 overall and 11-0 against the spread.
- Xavier is 2-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread when allowing more than 79.4 points.
- The Musketeers put up an average of 77.5 points per game, only 1.1 more points than the 76.4 the Red Storm allow.
- Xavier has compiled a 6-0 overall record and a 5-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 76.4 points.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s record is 4-4 against the spread and 5-3 overall when it gives up more than 77.5 points.
- The Red Storm have out-scored their opponents by a total of 63 points this season (three points per game on average), and the Musketeers have put up 115 more points than their opponents on the year (8.2 per game).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has been good against the spread this season, posting a 12-8 record.
- The Red Storm have posted a winning record of 4-2 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- The Red Storm have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 7 times in 20 games this season.
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 8-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Musketeers have not fared well, going 4-6 against the spread.
- Xavier and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 9 of 14 (64.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/6/2021||Xavier||-6.5||155||-287||+230||Regular Season||69-61 XAV|
|2/17/2020||Xavier||-1.5||141||-126||+103||Regular Season||77-74 XAV|
|1/5/2020||Xavier||-8||146||-387||+296||Regular Season||75-67 XAV|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-68 XAV|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-73 XAV|
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- The Red Storm leader in points and rebounds is Julian Champagnie, who scores 19.7 points and pulls down 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Posh Alexander is the Red Storm best passer, distributing 4.2 assists per game while scoring 11.6 PPG.
- Champagnie provides the bulk of the Red Storm’s three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Saint John’s (NY) steals leader is Alexander, who averages 2.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Champagnie, who compiles 1.3 rejections per contest.
- Zach Freemantle holds the top spot on the Musketeers leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 16.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Paul Scruggs’ assist statline paces Xavier; he records 6.4 assists per game.
- Nate Johnson leads the Musketeers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.9 made threes per game.
- The Musketeers’ leader in steals is Scruggs with 1.9 per game, and Dieonte Miles is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.