The Saint Mary’s Gaels (8-1) are favored (-9) to extend an eight-game winning streak when they host the Santa Clara Broncos (6-1) at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at McKeon Pavilion. The contest airs on CBS Sports. The over/under is 126 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-9||-110||-110||126||-113||-109||-500||370|
|Santa Clara (+9)||Over (126)||Santa Clara 67 Saint Mary’s (CA) 62|
- The Gaels and their opponents have scored at least 126 points — this matchup’s point total — in seven of nine opportunities (77.8%) this year.
- Santa Clara has combined with its opponents to score more than 126 points in five of seven opportunities (71.4%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 15 more points per game (141) than this matchup’s total of 126 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 123 points per game, three fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Gaels average point total in outings this year is 133, seven points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Broncos games this season is five more points than the point total of 126 in this outing.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-3 record.
- When favored by at least 9 points, the Gaels have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 8 (37.5%) games this season.
Santa Clara Betting Information
- Santa Clara has a losing record against the spread, going 2-3 ATS (covering only 40% of the time).
- When they are at least 9-point underdogs, the Broncos have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- Santa Clara has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this year (2 out of 5 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Saint Mary’s (CA)||-6.5||139||-297||+232||Regular Season||78-72 STMRY|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-66 SANCLR|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-55 STMRY|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-55 STMRY|
Saint Mary’s (CA) Leaders
- The Gaels leader in points and assists is Tommy Kuhse, who scores 15.0 points per game to go with 5.8 assists.
- Kyle Bowen is the Gaels best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.0 boards in each contest while scoring 4.1 points per game.
- Alex Ducas leads the Gaels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Kuhse is Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Matthias Tass leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
Santa Clara Leaders
- The Broncos’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Josip Vrankic with 16.1 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
- The Broncos’ top assist machine is Christian Carlyle with a stat line of 2.3 assists, 9.3 points, and 3.2 rebounds per game.
- Keshawn Justice’s 1.3 made threes per game lead the Broncos.
- Vrankic (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Santa Clara while Jaden Bediako (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found