The Sam Houston State Bearkats (11-6) are favored (-8.5) to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Lamar Cardinals (3-13) at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Montagne Center. The point total for the matchup is set at 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State||-8.5||-110||-110||145.5||-110||-110||N/A||N/A|
|Sam Houston State (-8.5)||Under (145.5)||Sam Houston State 77 Lamar 67|
- The Bearkats and their opponents have combined to score more than 145.5 points in 64.7% of their outings this year (11 of 17 opportunities).
- Lamar has played in six games this season (out of 16 total matchups — 37.5% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 145.5 points.
- The Bearkats and the Cardinals combine to average 2.7 less points per game than the over/under of 145.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.1 more points per game (147.6) than this matchup’s total of 145.5 points.
- The average total the Bearkats have had set in games this year is 6.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Cardinals this year is 6.7 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Sam Houston State has been strong this season, posting a 9-5 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Bearkats have fared well against the spread, putting up a 2-1 record.
- Sam Houston State and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 14 (42.9%) games this season.
Lamar Betting Information
- Lamar has a losing record against the spread, going 5-11 ATS (covering only 31.2% of the time).
- In 8 out of Cardinals 16 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Sam Houston State||-7.5||146.5||-341||+266||Regular Season||96-71 SMHO|
|2/19/2020||Sam Houston State||-7.5||144||-342||+261||Regular Season||77-65 LAMAR|
|1/15/2020||Sam Houston State||-1||140.5||-115||-106||Regular Season||80-75 SMHO|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 LAMAR|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-59 SMHO|
Sam Houston State Leaders
- The Bearkats scoring leader is Zach Nutall, who averages 19.1 per contest to go with 5.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Tristan Ikpe leads the Bearkats in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Donte Powers leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- Demarkus Lampley hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bearkats, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.8 per contest.
- Javion May is the Bearkats leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Ikpe leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- Davion Buster is the top scorer for the Cardinals with 15.1 points per game. He also adds 2.4 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his stats.
- Avery Sullivan puts up a stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 10.7 points and 0.7 assists per game for Lamar to take the top rebound spot on the team. Kasen Harrison has the top spot for assists with 4.0 per game, adding 12.1 points and 2.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Lampley paces his teammates on the Cardinals with 3.3 made threes per game.
- Ellis Jefferson (1.4 steals per game) and David Muoka (2.3 blocks per game) pace the Cardinals in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED