The Butler Bulldogs (7-13) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Seton Hall Pirates (13-9) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse as 7.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup has an over/under of 131 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Butler (+7.5)||Over (131)||Seton Hall 71 Butler 66|
- In 17 of 22 outings (77.3%) this year, the Pirates and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 131 points.
- In eight of 20 games (40%) this year, Butler and its opponents have combined to score at least 131 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.9 more points per game (135.9) than this game’s total of 131 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.6 more points per game (137.6) than this matchup’s total of 131 points.
- The Pirates average point total in matchups this year is 142.9, 11.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- Bulldogs games this season have averaged an over/under of 130.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.1 points per game the Pirates record are 5.3 more points than the Bulldogs give up (67.8).
- When Seton Hall totals more than 67.8 points, it is 10-7 overall and 11-0 against the spread.
- Butler has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 73.1 points.
- The Bulldogs score seven fewer points per game (62.8) than the Pirates give up to opponents (69.8).
- Butler has put together a 3-1 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.8 points.
- Seton Hall has an 8-9 record overall and an ATS record of 10-6 in games when its opponents put up more than 62.8 points.
- The Pirates have out-scored their opponents by a total of 73 points this season (3.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulldogs have out-scored them by 100 more points on the year (five per game).
Seton Hall Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Pirates have covered 12 times in 21 contests.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Pirates have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2 record.
- The Pirates have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 21 contests this season, a rate of 47.6%
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 8-11-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- In the majority of Butler’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 20 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Seton Hall||-8.5||137.5||-435||+330||Regular Season||68-60 SETON|
|2/19/2020||Seton Hall||-5.5||133.5||-245||+200||Regular Season||74-72 SETON|
|1/15/2020||Butler||-4||130||-190||+155||Regular Season||78-70 SETON|
Seton Hall Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Pirates is Sandro Mamukelashvili, who puts up 18.1 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Shavar Reynolds Jr. leads Seton Hall in assists, averaging 4.3 per game while also scoring 7.7 points per contest.
- Myles Cale leads the Pirates in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Reynolds and Ike Obiagu lead Seton Hall on the defensive end, with Reynolds leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Obiagu in blocks averaging 2.8 per contest.
- Chuck Harris is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 11.5 points per game. He also tacks on 2.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Butler’s leader in rebounds is Bryce Nze with 7.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Aaron Thompson with 4.7 per game.
- Jair Bolden’s 2.6 made threes per game lead the Bulldogs.
- Butler’s leader in steals is Myles Tate with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Nze with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds