The No. 5 seed Seton Hall Pirates (14-12) take on the No. 8 seed Georgetown Hoyas (11-12) as 2.5-point favorites in the Big East Tournament semifinals with a spot in the championship game on the line Friday at Madison Square Garden, starting at 6:00 PM ET on FS1. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Pirates and their opponents have combined for 141.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 16 of 26 outings (61.5%) this season.
- Georgetown has played in 12 games this year (out of 23 total matchups — 52.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 141.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 143.3 points per game, 1.8 more points than the total of 141.5 set for this game.
- The Pirates and the Hoyas have seen their opponents average a combined 0.5 more points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this matchup.
- The Pirates average point total in matchups this year is 141.6, 0.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- Hoyas games this year have averaged a total of 143.7 points, 2.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.8 points per game the Pirates score are just 0.4 fewer points than the Hoyas give up (72.2).
- When Seton Hall puts up more than 72.2 points, it is 9-4 overall and 10-0 against the spread.
- Georgetown is 7-5 against the spread and 4-8 overall when allowing more than 71.8 points.
- The Hoyas’ 71.5 points per game are only 1.7 more points than the 69.8 the Pirates give up.
- When it scores more than 69.8 points, Georgetown is 10-0 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- Seton Hall has an ATS record of 3-7 and a 2-9 record overall when its opponents score more than 71.5 points.
- The Pirates have totaled 51 more points than their opponents this season (two per game on average), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by 16 total points (0.7 per game average differential).
Seton Hall Betting Information
- The Pirates have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 13-12 record.
- The Pirates have covered half the time, going 7-7 against the spread when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Pirates have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 25 contests this season, a rate of 40%
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a 14-9 record against the spread, covering in 60.9% of their matchups.
- The Hoyas have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 2.5-point underdog.
- In the majority of Hoyas games this year, the teams have not hit the over (11 out of 23 games, 47.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2021||Seton Hall||-4.5||145||-205||+165||Regular Season||81-75 GEORGE|
|12/23/2020||Seton Hall||-9.5||147||-530||+380||Regular Season||78-67 SETON|
|2/5/2020||Seton Hall||-5.5||146.5||-235||+190||Regular Season||78-71 SETON|
|1/3/2020||Seton Hall||-6.5||147.5||-295||+230||Regular Season||78-62 SETON|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-71 GEORGE|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-75 SETON|
Seton Hall Leaders
- Sandro Mamukelashvili leads the Pirates in scoring and rebounding, putting up 17.9 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Shavar Reynolds Jr. leads the Pirates in assists, averaging 4.3 per game while also scoring 7.7 points per contest.
- The Pirates get the most three-point shooting production out of Myles Cale, who knocks down 1.7 threes per game.
- Reynolds is the Pirates leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Ike Obiagu leads them in blocks with 2.9 per contest.
- The Hoyas’ Jahvon Blair averages enough points (16.0 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Qudus Wahab is at the top of the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard with 7.9 rebounds per game. He also notches 12.6 points and adds 0.2 assists per game.
- Blair leads the Hoyas in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Georgetown’s leader in steals is Dante Harris (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Wahab (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED