The Cincinnati Bearcats (2-6) are 5.5-point underdogs as they look to turn around a five-game losing streak when they visit the SMU Mustangs (6-1) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Moody Coliseum. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The over/under for the matchup is set at 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In four of seven games (57.1%) this season, the Mustangs and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Cincinnati has combined with its opponents to score at least 143.5 points in five of eight opportunities (62.5%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 5.3 more points per game (148.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- The Mustangs and the Bearcats have seen their opponents average a combined 6.3 fewer points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Mustangs games this year is 2.9 more points than the total of 143.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bearcats this season is 3.9 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 80.7 points per game the Mustangs record are 9.2 more points than the Bearcats allow (71.5).
- When SMU puts up more than 71.5 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-0-1 against the spread.
- When Cincinnati gives up more than 80.7 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Bearcats’ 68.1 points per game are just 2.4 more points than the 65.7 the Mustangs allow.
- In games it scores more than 65.7 points, Cincinnati is 1-0 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- SMU has an ATS record of 0-1-1 and a 2-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 68.1 points.
- The Mustangs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 105 points this season (15 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bearcats have out-scored them by 27 more points on the year (3.4 per game).
SMU Betting Information
- The Mustangs have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 4-1-1 record.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Mustangs have fared well against the spread, putting together a 3-0-1 record.
- Mustangs games have played to the total or above 3 times in 6 games this season.
Cincinnati Betting Information
- The Bearcats have a 1-6 record against the spread, covering in only 14.3% of their contests.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Bearcats have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- In the majority of Cincinnati’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 7 games, 85.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/28/2020||Cincinnati||-5||138||-223||+177||Regular Season||65-43 CIN|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||52-49 CIN|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-68 CIN|
- The leader in points and assists for the Mustangs is Kendric Davis, who scores 19.7 points and dishes out 6.7 assists per game.
- Feron Hunt is SMU’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 8.1 boards in each contest while scoring 12.0 points per game.
- The Mustangs get the most three-point shooting production out of Darius McNeill, who makes 1.7 threes per game.
- Davis is SMU’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Hunt leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- Keith Williams scores 15.5 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bearcats.
- The Cincinnati leaders in rebounding and assists are Tari Eason with 5.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.1 points and 1.6 assists per game) and David Dejulius with 4.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game).
- Jeremiah Davenport is the top shooter from distance for the Bearcats, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Williams (1.3 steals per game) and Chris Vogt (1.0 block per game) lead the Bearcats in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found