The SMU Mustangs (10-4) visit the East Carolina Pirates (8-7) in a matchup of AAC teams at Minges Coliseum, tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021. The Pirates are 6-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is set at 139 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Carolina (+6)||Under (139)||SMU 71 East Carolina 67|
- The Mustangs and their opponents have combined to record more than 139 points in 57.1% of their games this season (eight of 14 opportunities).
- In five of 15 outings (33.3%) this year, East Carolina and its opponents have combined to score at least 139 points.
- The Mustangs and the Pirates combine to average 3.6 more points per game than the over/under of 139 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 134.2 points per game, 4.8 less than the point total for this game.
- The average over/under the Mustangs have had set in games this year is 2.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Pirates this year is 4.1 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mustangs put up 74.5 points per game, 7.7 more points than the 66.8 the Pirates give up.
- SMU has a 4-0-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when scoring more than 66.8 points.
- When East Carolina gives up more than 74.5 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Pirates put up an average of 68.1 points per game, just 0.7 more points than the 67.4 the Mustangs allow to opponents.
- East Carolina is 6-1 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 67.4 points.
- SMU’s record is 0-4-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it allows more than 68.1 points.
- The Mustangs have scored a total of 100 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.1 per game), and the Pirates have out-scored opponents by 20 points on the season (1.3 more per game).
SMU Betting Information
- The Mustangs have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 5-7-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Mustangs have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-2-1 record.
- SMU has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 7 of 13 games for a 53.8% rate.
East Carolina Betting Information
- East Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 5-8 ATS (covering only 38.5% of the time).
- When they play as at least 6-point underdogs, the Pirates have a record ATS of 2-2.
- In the majority of Pirates games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 13 games, 38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/16/2020||SMU||-12||139.5||-908||+589||Regular Season||70-55 SMU|
|1/22/2020||SMU||-15||142.5||-1993||+937||Regular Season||84-64 SMU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-68 ECU|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-54 SMU|
- The Mustangs leader in points and assists is Kendric Davis, who puts up 17.1 points per game along with 7.6 assists.
- Feron Hunt leads the Mustangs in rebounding, pulling down 8.3 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.1 points a contest.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Mustangs, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- The SMU steals leader is Davis, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Yor Anei, who compiles 2.3 rejections per contest.
East Carolina Leaders
- Jayden Gardner has the top spot on the Pirates leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 17.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Tristen Newton’s assist statline paces East Carolina; he racks up 4.3 assists per game.
- Tremont Robinson-White is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Pirates, hitting 1.6 threes per game.
- East Carolina’s leader in steals is Newton with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Ludgy Debaut with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED