The South Carolina Gamecocks (3-5) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Georgia Bulldogs (9-5) on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at Colonial Life Arena as 5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 160 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgia (+5)||Under (160)||South Carolina 77 Georgia 76|
- The Gamecocks and their opponents have combined for 160 points — this matchup’s over/under — in two of eight games (25%) this year.
- In six of 14 opportunities (42.9%) this season, Georgia has combined with its opponents to score at least 160 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.3 less points per game (152.7) than this game’s over/under of 160 points.
- The Gamecocks and the Bulldogs have seen their opponents average a combined 8.3 fewer points per game than the point total of 160 set for this matchup.
- The Gamecocks average point total in matchups this year is 150.4, 9.6 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Bulldogs this year is six points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.8 points per game the Gamecocks average are only 1.3 fewer points than the Bulldogs give up (75.1).
- When South Carolina puts up more than 75.1 points, it is 2-2 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- In games Georgia gives up more than 73.8 points, it is 2-6 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
- The Bulldogs’ 78.9 points per game are just 2.3 more points than the 76.6 the Gamecocks give up.
- When it scores more than 76.6 points, Georgia is 3-0 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- South Carolina is 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it gives up more than 78.9 points.
- The Gamecocks have a negative point differential on the season (-23 total points, -2.8 per game), while the Bulldogs have scored 52 more points than their opponents (3.8 per game).
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-5 record.
- The Gamecocks have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- The Gamecocks have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 2 times in 8 games this season.
Georgia Betting Information
- Georgia has an even record against the spread, going 6-6 ATS.
- When they play as at least 5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 2-2.
- Georgia has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (8 out of 12 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||South Carolina||-7||150||-306||+239||Regular Season||94-90 SC|
|2/12/2020||Georgia||-2.5||153||-145||+120||Regular Season||75-59 SC|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-46 SC|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-80 SC|
South Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Gamecocks this season is A.J. Lawson, who averages 17.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Justin Minaya is the Gamecocks leading rebounder, pulling down 7.9 per game, while Jermaine Couisnard is their best passer, distributing 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Lawson leads the Gamecocks in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Lawson and Keyshawn Bryant lead the Gamecocks on the defensive end, with Lawson leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Bryant in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Sahvir Wheeler collects 13.9 points and adds 7.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Bulldogs’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Bulldogs’ top rebounder is Toumani Camara — he grabs 7.1 per game while scoring 13.2 points per game.
- Justin Kier hits 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- Kier (2.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Georgia while Camara (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED