The Omaha Mavericks (2-10) are expected to continue a six-game losing streak when they visit the South Dakota Coyotes (6-6) as 8.5-point underdogs at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, January 29, 2021 at Sanford Coyote Sports Center. The matchup airs on ESP3. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Dakota (-8.5)||Under (143.5)||South Dakota 76 Omaha 67|
- In five of 12 games (41.7%) this year, the Coyotes and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Omaha has combined with its opponents to score more than 143.5 points in five of 12 games (41.7%) this season.
- The Coyotes and the Mavericks combine to average 11.1 less points per game than the total of 143.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 more points per game (146.6) than this game’s total of 143.5 points.
- The average over/under the Coyotes have had set in games this season is 4.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Mavericks this season is 3.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
South Dakota Betting Information
- The Coyotes have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 4-6-1 record.
- South Dakota has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 5 of 11 games for a 45.5% rate.
Omaha Betting Information
- Omaha has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 4-7 ATS.
- Omaha and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 11 (36.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/2/2020||South Dakota||-1||153.5||-116||-107||Regular Season||81-80 SDAK|
|1/11/2020||South Dakota||-3||148.5||-159||+130||Regular Season||91-81 SDAK|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||107-102 OMAHA|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-68 OMAHA|
South Dakota Leaders
- The Coyotes leader in points and rebounds is Stanley Umude, who scores 19.3 points and pulls down 7.4 boards per game.
- A.J. Plitzuweit is the Coyotes best passer, distributing 3.9 assists per game while scoring 15.4 PPG.
- Plitzuweit makes more threes per game than any other member of the Coyotes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
- Plitzuweit and Brady Heiman lead South Dakota on the defensive end, with Plitzuweit leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Heiman in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Marlon Ruffin scores 13.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Mavericks.
- The Mavericks’ leader in rebounds is Matt Pile with 8.4 per outing, and their leader in assists is Ayo Akinwole with 2.6 per game.
- Ruffin is reliable from distance and leads the Mavericks with 1.4 made threes per game.
- The Mavericks’ leader in steals is Akinwole with 1.0 per game, and Pile is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends