The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (15-6) host the Omaha Mavericks (5-19) as big, 14.5-point favorites after Doug Wilson went off for 20 points in the Jackrabbits 89-77 victory over UMKC. The matchup airs on ESPN+ at 6:45 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 154.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Dakota State||-14.5||-110||-110||154.5||-110||-110||-1401||850|
- In 11 of 21 games (52.4%) this year, the Jackrabbits and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 154.5 points.
- Omaha and its opponents have combined to score more than 154.5 points in eight of 24 games (33.3%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 147.1 points per game, 7.4 fewer points than the total of 154.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 150.5 points per game, 4.0 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total in Jackrabbits games this year is 1.8 fewer points than the over/under of 154.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Mavericks games this year is 9.6 less points than the point total of 154.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.9 points per game the Jackrabbits record are just 2.2 more points than the Mavericks give up (77.7).
- South Dakota State is 10-3 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 77.7 points.
- Omaha has a 2-9 record against the spread and a 0-12 record overall when allowing more than 79.9 points.
- The Mavericks put up 5.6 fewer points per game (67.2) than the Jackrabbits give up to opponents (72.8).
- Omaha is 4-0 against the spread and 2-6 overall when it scores more than 72.8 points.
- South Dakota State is 6-7 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 67.2 points.
- The Jackrabbits have totaled 149 more points than their opponents this season (7.1 per game on average), while the Mavericks have been out-scored by 253 total points (10.5 per game average differential).
South Dakota State Betting Information
- The Jackrabbits have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 11-8 record.
- The Jackrabbits have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 14.5 points.
- In 12 of 19 (63.2%) contests this season, South Dakota State and its opponents have hit the total.
Omaha Betting Information
- Omaha has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 8-15 ATS.
- In the majority of Mavericks games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 23 games, 52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-64 SDKST|
|12/29/2019||Omaha||-1||147.5||-117||-105||Regular Season||81-78 OMAHA|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-84 OMAHA|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-73 SDKST|
South Dakota State Leaders
- Baylor Scheierman leads the Jackrabbits in rebounds and assists. Scheierman averages 14.7 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game.
- Wilson leads South Dakota State in scoring, averaging 16.1 per game to go with 5.2 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Noah Freidel provides the bulk of the Jackrabbits’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.7 threes per game to pace the team.
- Wilson and Matt Dentlinger lead the Jackrabbits on the defensive end, with Wilson leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Dentlinger in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
- Marlon Ruffin is at the top of the Mavericks scoring leaderboard with 13.1 points per game. He also grabs 3.4 rebounds and racks up 1.4 assists per game.
- The Mavericks’ leader in rebounds is Matt Pile with 8.7 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Ayo Akinwole with 3.0 per game.
- Akinwole is the most prolific from deep for the Mavericks, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Lamel Robinson (1.0 steal per game) is the steal leader for Omaha while Pile (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview