MVC opponents square off when the Southern Illinois Salukis (9-7) host the Valparaiso Crusaders (8-15) at SIU Arena, starting at 5:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 21, 2021. The Crusaders are 1-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 132.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Illinois (-1)||Over (132.5)||Southern Illinois 69 Valparaiso 65|
- In 68.8% of their opportunities this season (11 of 16 chances), the Salukis and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 132.5 points.
- In 11 of 23 games (47.8%) this year, Valparaiso has combined with its opponents to score at least 132.5 points.
- The Salukis and the Crusaders combine to average 2.1 more points per game than the over/under of 132.5 set for this game.
- The Salukis and the Crusaders have seen their opponents average a combined 3.9 more points per game than the point total of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Salukis have had set in games this season is 3.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Crusaders games this year is 2.8 more points than the point total of 132.5 in this outing.
Southern Illinois Betting Information
- Southern Illinois has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-5-2 record.
- The Salukis fare well when favored by at least 1 points, posting a 3-1-1 record against the spread.
- Southern Illinois and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 7 of 15 games this season (46.7%).
Valparaiso Betting Information
- The Crusaders have an 8-11-1 record against the spread, covering in only 40% of their contests.
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the Crusaders have a record ATS of 1-2.
- Valparaiso has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 30% of matchups this season (6 out of 20 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||Valparaiso||-4||132.5||-189||+152||Regular Season||55-38 VALP|
|1/7/2020||Southern Illinois||-2.5||135.5||-145||+120||Regular Season||63-50 SILL|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||55-52 VALP|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-61 VALP|
Southern Illinois Leaders
- The Salukis scoring leader is Marcus Domask, who averages 16.3 per contest to go with 4.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
- Southern Illinois’ leading rebounder is Kyler Filewich averaging 5.4 boards per game and its best passer is Lance Jones and his 3.2 assists per game.
- Jones’ 1.9 threes per game leads the Salukis.
- The Southern Illinois steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Domask, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
- Ben Krikke is at the top of the Crusaders scoring leaderboard with 12.3 points per game. He also collects 4.0 rebounds and averages 1.0 assist per game.
- Valparaiso’s leader in rebounds is Donovan Clay with 5.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Daniel Sackey with 3.9 per game.
- Connor Barrett averages 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Crusaders.
- Valparaiso’s leader in steals is Sackey (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Clay (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED