The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (3-0) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (2-4) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at T.M. Elmore Gymnasium. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama A&M (+4.5)||Over (138)||Alabama A&M 76 Southern 75|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined for 138 points — this matchup’s over/under — in three of six games (50%) this season.
- Alabama A&M and its opponents have added up to score more than 138 points in 66.7% of their games this season (two of three opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 7.8 more points per game (145.8) than this matchup’s total of 138 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 15.5 more points per game (153.5) than this game’s over/under of 138 points.
- The Jaguars average point total in matchups this year is 142.7, 4.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged an over/under of 156.7 points, 18.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Betting Information
- Against the spread, Southern has been strong this season, posting a 3-2 record.
- The Jaguars fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Southern and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 3 of 5 chances this season.
Alabama A&M Betting Information
- Alabama A&M has a winning record against the spread, going 2-1 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- When they play as at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 0-1.
- In the majority of Alabama A&M’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (2 out of 3 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2020||Southern||-2.5||130||-148||+119||Regular Season||64-37 SOUTH|
|1/27/2020||Southern||-4||131||-191||+153||Regular Season||67-46 SOUTH|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-49 SOUTH|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 ALAAM|
- The Jaguars scoring leader is Damiree Burns, who averages 11.0 per contest to go with 5.5 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
- Harrison Henderson leads the Jaguars in rebounding, averaging 6.7 per game, while Jayden Saddler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.6 in each contest.
- Ahsante Shivers makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- The Southern steals leader is Shivers, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Burns, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
Alabama A&M Leaders
- Jalen Johnson is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 20.0 points per game. He also adds 7.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Alabama A&M leaders in rebounding and assists are EJ Williams with 8.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.7 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Cameron Tucker with 7.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 8.7 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- Garrett Hicks hits 3.0 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- Alabama A&M’s leader in steals is Hicks (2.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Williams (1.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds