SWAC opponents meet when the Southern Jaguars (2-6) visit the Alcorn State Braves (1-5) at Davey Whitney Complex, tipping off at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021. The Braves are 3-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alcorn State (+3)||Over (141)||Alcorn State 76 Southern 68|
- In 37.5% of their games this year (three of eight chances), the Jaguars and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 141 points.
- In five of six opportunities (83.3%) this season, Alcorn State and its opponents have combined to score at least 141 points.
- The Jaguars and the Braves combine to average 14.8 less points per game than the total of 141 set for this game.
- The Jaguars and the Braves have seen their opponents average a combined 18.6 more points per game than the point total of 141 set in this matchup.
- The Jaguars average point total in outings this year is 139, two points less than the total in this game.
- Braves games this season have averaged an over/under of 146.8 points, 5.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has struggled against the spread, going 3-4 on the year.
- The Jaguars have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 3 points.
- The Jaguars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 7 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
Alcorn State Betting Information
- The Braves have a winning record against the spread, going 4-2 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- The Braves have fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- Alcorn State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 4 of 6 (66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-57 SOUTH|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-82 SOUTH|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-46 SOUTH|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-64 ALCST|
- The Jaguars scoring leader is Damiree Burns, who averages 9.3 per contest to go with 5.0 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
- Southern’s leading rebounder is Harrison Henderson averaging 7.1 boards per game and its best passer is Jayden Saddler and his 5.3 assists per game.
- Samkelo Cele leads his teammates on the Jaguars with 1.2 made threes per game.
- The Southern steals leader is Ahsante Shivers, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is James Edwards Jr., who compiles 0.5 rejections per contest.
Alcorn State Leaders
- Troymain Crosby is at the top of the Braves scoring leaderboard with 19.1 points per game. He also grabs 4.3 rebounds and racks up 0.3 assists per game.
- Tyree Corbett has a stat line of 6.1 rebounds, 9.4 points and 0.1 assists per game for Alcorn State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Kurk Lee has the top spot for assists with 3.8 per game, adding 12.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest.
- David Pierce III contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Braves. He makes 1.7 threes per game.
- Alcorn State’s leader in steals is Oddyst Walker (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Anthony Fairley (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED