The Idaho Vandals (0-6) are heavy, 13-point underdogs as they attempt to break a six-game losing streak when they visit the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (7-1) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at America First Events Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Utah (-13)||Under (145)||Southern Utah 81 Idaho 61|
- The Thunderbirds and their opponents have recorded more than 145 points in 75% of their outings this year (six of eight opportunities).
- Idaho and its opponents have combined to score more than 145 points in 16.7% of their matchups this season (one of six chances).
- These teams average a combined 143.8 points per game, 1.2 fewer points than the over/under of 145 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.2 points per game, 2.8 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Thunderbirds have had set in matchups this year is seven more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Vandals this year is 11 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Southern Utah Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Thunderbirds have covered three times in four contests.
- In 4 of 4 (100%) contests this season, Southern Utah and its opponents have hit the over.
Idaho Betting Information
- The Vandals have a losing record against the spread, going 2-3 ATS (covering just 40% of the time).
- In the majority of Vandals games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 5 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||Southern Utah||-12.5||137.5||-970||+614||Conference Tournament||75-69 SUTAH|
|2/29/2020||Southern Utah||-12.5||135||-1023||+630||Regular Season||87-55 SUTAH|
|1/27/2020||Southern Utah||-8||132||-393||+293||Regular Season||73-45 SUTAH|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-76 SUTAH|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-64 SUTAH|
Southern Utah Leaders
- Tevian Jones leads the Thunderbirds in scoring, tallying 18.1 points per game to go with 4.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
- Maizen Fausett leads Southern Utah in rebounding, averaging 6.8 per game, while John Knight III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.6 in each contest.
- Jones provides the bulk of the Thunderbirds’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Southern Utah steals leader is Knight, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Ivan Madunic, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
- Scott Blakney is the top scorer for the Vandals with 12.7 points per game. He also adds 2.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Tanner Christensen is atop the Vandals rebounding leaderboard with 4.4 rebounds per game, and Hunter-Jack Madden paces the squad in assists with 3.0 per contest.
- Gabe Quinnett knocks down 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Vandals.
- Chance Garvin (1.2 steals per game) and Christensen (0.6 blocks per game) lead the Vandals in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found