The No. 1 seed Southern Utah Thunderbirds (19-3) are 7-point favorites in the Big Sky Tournament quarterfinals when they play the No. 8 seed Northern Colorado Bears (11-10) on Thursday at CenturyLink Arena, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Utah (-7)||Over (143)||Southern Utah 76 Northern Colorado 68|
- In 72.7% of their games this season (16 of 22 chances), the Thunderbirds and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- In eight of 21 opportunities (38.1%) this season, Northern Colorado and its opponents have combined to score at least 143 points.
- The two teams average a combined 11.1 more points per game (154.1) than this game’s total of 143 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 136.5 points per game, 6.5 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Thunderbirds have had set in matchups this year is 9.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bears this year is 5.1 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 84.2 points per game the Thunderbirds record are 16.2 more points than the Bears give up (68).
- When Southern Utah scores more than 68 points, it is 18-1 overall and 11-0 against the spread.
- Northern Colorado has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when giving up more than 84.2 points.
- The Bears score just 1.4 more points per game (69.9) than the Thunderbirds allow their opponents to score (68.5).
- Northern Colorado is 5-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it scores more than 68.5 points.
- Southern Utah is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it allows more than 69.9 points.
- The Thunderbirds have totaled 347 more points than their opponents this season (15.7 per game on average), and the Bears have scored 40 more points than their opponents (1.9 per game).
Southern Utah Betting Information
- Southern Utah has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-5 record.
- The Thunderbirds have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- The Thunderbirds have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 16 games this season.
Northern Colorado Betting Information
- Northern Colorado has a winning record against the spread, going 9-8 ATS (covering 52.9% of the time).
- The Bears have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 7-point underdog.
- In most of Bears games this season, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 17 games, 41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||Northern Colorado||-7||137||-327||+248||Regular Season||68-66 UNCO|
|2/6/2020||Southern Utah||-2||135.5||-137||+112||Regular Season||68-60 UNCO|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-53 UNCO|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-68 UNCO|
Southern Utah Leaders
- Tevian Jones leads the Thunderbirds in scoring, tallying 17.1 points per game to go with 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Southern Utah’s leading rebounder is Maizen Fausett averaging 7.0 boards per game and its best passer is John Knight III and his 4.3 assists per game.
- Jones leads the Thunderbirds in three-point shooting with an average of 2.5 threes per game.
- The Southern Utah steals leader is Knight, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Ivan Madunic, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
Northern Colorado Leaders
- Bodie Hume is at the top of the Bears scoring leaderboard with 15.4 points per game. He also collects 7.0 rebounds and averages 1.1 assists per game.
- Northern Colorado’s leader in rebounds is Kur Jockuch with 7.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Matt Johnson with 3.0 per game.
- Hume is the most prolific from distance for the Bears, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Hume’s stat line of 1.3 steals and 1.2 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview