The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (17-3) are 2-point favorites as they try to extend a seven-game winning streak when they visit the Portland State Vikings (8-10) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Viking Pavilion. The game airs at 10:05 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 147.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Utah (-2)||Under (147)||Southern Utah 73 Portland State 71|
- In 80% of their games this season (16 of 20 chances), the Thunderbirds and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 147 points.
- Portland State and its opponents have combined to score more than 147 points in five of 18 games (27.8%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 8.9 more points per game (155.9) than this game’s over/under of 147 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 135.5 points per game, 11.5 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Thunderbirds have had set in matchups this season is 8.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Vikings games this year is 10.9 fewer points than the point total of 147 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 85.6 points per game the Thunderbirds average are 19.8 more points than the Vikings give up (65.8).
- Southern Utah is 16-2 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 65.8 points.
- When Portland State allows more than 85.6 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Vikings’ 70.3 points per game are only 0.6 more points than the 69.7 the Thunderbirds give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.7 points, Portland State is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Southern Utah is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it gives up more than 70.3 points.
- The Thunderbirds have out-scored their opponents by a total of 318 points this season (15.9 points per game on average), and the Vikings have put up 80 more points than their opponents on the year (4.5 per game).
Southern Utah Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Thunderbirds have covered nine times in 14 contests.
- The Thunderbirds fare well when favored by at least 2 points, posting a 5-3 record against the spread.
- In 11 of 14 (78.6%) contests this season, Southern Utah and its opponents have hit the total.
Portland State Betting Information
- Portland State has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 9-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Vikings have a record ATS of 3-2.
- In the majority of Portland State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 15 games, 26.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Southern Utah||-5.5||147||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-57 SUTAH|
|12/30/2019||Portland State||-3||145.5||-153||+126||Regular Season||83-81 SUTAH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-69 PORTST|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-69 SUTAH|
Southern Utah Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Thunderbirds this season is Tevian Jones, who averages 17.2 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Maizen Fausett leads Southern Utah in rebounding, averaging 6.6 per game, while John Knight III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.3 in each contest.
- Jones makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thunderbirds, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Knight is the Thunderbirds leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Ivan Madunic leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
Portland State Leaders
- James Scott racks up 13.1 points and tacks on 2.8 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Vikings’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Amari McCray’s stat line of 5.0 rebounds, 10.7 points and 0.3 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Portland State rebounding leaderboard.
- Paris Dawson leads the Vikings in three-point shooting with an average of 1.5 made threes per game.
- Portland State’s leader in steals is Scott with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jacob Eyman with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends