The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (18-3) visit the Portland State Vikings (8-11) as 2.5-point favorites after John Knight III racked up 26 points in the Thunderbirds 68-58 victory over Portland State. The matchup is at 3:05 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Portland State (+2.5)||Under (146)||Southern Utah 73 Portland State 70|
- The Thunderbirds and their opponents have combined for 146 points — this matchup’s point total — in 16 of 21 outings (76.2%) this year.
- Portland State has played in six games this year (out of 19 total matchups — 31.6% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 146 points.
- These teams average a combined 154.4 points per game, 8.4 more points than the over/under of 146 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 11 less points per game (135) than this matchup’s total of 146 points.
- The Thunderbirds average point total in matchups this season is 153.9, 7.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Vikings games this year is 10.4 less points than the point total of 146 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thunderbirds record 84.8 points per game, 18.9 more points than the 65.9 the Vikings give up.
- Southern Utah has a 10-0 record against the spread and a 17-2 record overall when scoring more than 65.9 points.
- Portland State is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread in games when it allows more than 84.8 points.
- The Vikings put up an average of 69.6 points per game, just 0.5 more points than the 69.1 the Thunderbirds allow.
- Portland State is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 69.1 points.
- Southern Utah is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it gives up more than 69.6 points.
- The Thunderbirds have scored a total of 328 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 15.7 per game), and the Vikings have out-scored opponents by 70 points on the season (3.7 more per game).
Southern Utah Betting Information
- Against the spread, Southern Utah has been strong this season, posting a 10-5 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Thunderbirds have fared well against the spread, compiling a 6-3 record.
- The Thunderbirds have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 4 times in 15 games this season.
Portland State Betting Information
- Portland State has a winning record against the spread, going 9-7 ATS (covering 56.2% of the time).
- When they play as at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Vikings have a record ATS of 3-2.
- Portland State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 4 of 16 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2021||Southern Utah||-4.5||131||-235||+185||Regular Season||68-58 SUTAH|
|2/8/2020||Southern Utah||-5.5||147||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-57 SUTAH|
|12/30/2019||Portland State||-3||145.5||-153||+126||Regular Season||83-81 SUTAH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-69 PORTST|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-69 SUTAH|
Southern Utah Leaders
- The Thunderbirds scoring leader is Tevian Jones, who averages 17.3 per contest to go with 4.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
- Maizen Fausett is Southern Utah’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.0 per game, while John Knight III is its best passer, averaging 4.3 assists in each contest.
- Jones hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Thunderbirds, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Knight is Southern Utah’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Ivan Madunic leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Portland State Leaders
- James Scott racks up 13.5 points and tacks on 2.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Vikings’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Amari McCray is at the top of the Portland State rebounding leaderboard with 5.0 rebounds per game. He also scores 10.7 points and adds 0.3 assists per game.
- Paris Dawson is dependable from three-point range and leads the Vikings with 1.5 made threes per game.
- Portland State’s leader in steals is Scott with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jacob Eyman with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED