The No. 8 seed Syracuse Orange (15-8) take on the No. 9 seed NC State Wolf Pack (13-9) as 2.5-point favorites in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at Greensboro Coliseum, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on ACCN. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|NC State (+2.5)||Under (146)||Syracuse 73 NC State 72|
- The Orange and their opponents have recorded more than 146 points in 39.1% of their games this season (nine of 23 opportunities).
- In 11 of 22 games (50%) this season, NC State and its opponents have combined to score more than 146 points.
- These teams average a combined 149.1 points per game, 3.1 more points than the over/under of 146 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 140.2 points per game, 5.8 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Orange games this year is 0.3 more points than the total of 146 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Wolf Pack games this season is 3.1 less points than the point total of 146 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.6 points per game the Orange record are 6.2 more points than the Wolf Pack allow (69.4).
- Syracuse has a 13-4 record overall and an 8-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 69.4 points.
- NC State has a 2-5 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall in games when it gives up more than 75.6 points.
- The Wolf Pack score an average of 73.5 points per game, just 2.7 more points than the 70.8 the Orange give up.
- NC State is 10-3 overall and 9-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.8 points.
- Syracuse is 1-8 against the spread and 2-7 overall when it allows more than 73.5 points.
- The Orange have put up a total of 110 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.8 per game), and the Wolf Pack have out-scored opponents by 89 points on the season (4.1 more per game).
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 9-13 record.
- The Orange have struggled to cover, going just 5-7 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- Orange games have played to the total or above 11 times in 22 games this season.
NC State Betting Information
- NC State has a losing record against the spread, going 10-11-1 ATS (covering just 45.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Wolf Pack have a record ATS of 4-5.
- The Wolf Pack and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 13 of 22 (59.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2021||NC State||-2||148||-131||+108||Regular Season||77-68 SYRA|
|1/31/2021||Syracuse||-6.5||147.5||-295||+231||Regular Season||76-73 SYRA|
|2/11/2020||Syracuse||-5||148.5||-216||+173||Regular Season||79-74 NCSU|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-58 NCSU|
- The Orange scoring leader is Buddy Boeheim, who averages 16.1 per contest to go with 2.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Quincy Guerrier leads Syracuse in rebounding, averaging 8.9 per game, while Joseph Girard III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- Boeheim makes more threes per game than any other member of the Orange, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- Kadary Richmond is the Orange leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Alan Griffin leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
NC State Leaders
- Devon Daniels is the top scorer for the Wolf Pack with 16.5 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The NC State leaders in rebounding and assists are Manny Bates with 5.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.3 points and 0.7 assists per game) and Cam Hayes with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.8 points and 2.3 rebounds per game).
- Daniels is the top shooter from distance for the Wolf Pack, hitting 1.6 threes per game.
- NC State’s leader in steals is Shakeel Moore (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Bates (2.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview