The No. 16 Virginia Tech Hokies (11-2) are underdogs (+1.5) as they attempt to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Syracuse Orange (8-4) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Carrier Dome. The over/under is set at 140.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (-1.5)||Over (140.5)||Syracuse 74 Virginia Tech 71|
- In seven of 12 outings (58.3%) this year, the Orange and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- Virginia Tech has played in six games this season (out of 13 total matchups — 46.2% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 140.5 points.
- The Orange and the Hokies combine to average 13.3 more points per game than the total of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.7 fewer points per game (134.8) than this game’s total of 140.5 points.
- The Orange average point total in matchups this season is 149.6, 9.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Hokies games this year have averaged an over/under of 139 points, 1.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Orange score 14.8 more points per game (79.5) than the Hokies give up (64.7).
- Syracuse has a 7-3 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 64.7 points.
- Virginia Tech is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when allowing more than 79.5 points.
- The Hokies put up an average of 74.3 points per game, just 4.2 more points than the 70.1 the Orange allow to opponents.
- Virginia Tech has compiled an 8-1 overall record and a 7-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.1 points.
- Syracuse has an ATS record of 1-4 and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.3 points.
- The Orange have out-scored their opponents by a total of 113 points this season (9.4 points per game on average), and the Hokies have put up 125 more points than their opponents on the year (9.6 per game).
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has struggled against the spread, going 4-7 on the year.
- The Orange have struggled to cover, going just 4-5 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- The Orange and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 11 games (54.5%) this season.
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- The Hokies have a winning record against the spread, going 8-4 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Hokies have a record ATS of 5-4.
- In the majority of Virginia Tech’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 12 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Virginia Tech||-4||132.5||-187||+149||Regular Season||71-69 SYRA|
|1/7/2020||Syracuse||-4.5||136||-204||+165||Regular Season||67-63 VTECH|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-56 VTECH|
- Quincy Guerrier leads the Orange in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.7 points and 9.5 boards per game.
- Joseph Girard III leads Syracuse in assists, averaging 4.2 per game while also scoring 11.3 points per contest.
- Girard connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Orange, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.4 per contest.
- Kadary Richmond and Guerrier lead the Orange on the defensive end, with Richmond leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Guerrier in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- The Hokies’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Keve Aluma with 14.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- The Hokies’ leading assist machine is Wabissa Bede with a stat line of 2.8 assists, 4.9 points, and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Cole provides the bulk of the Hokies’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 3.0 threes per game to lead the squad.
- The Hokies’ leader in steals is Bede with 0.9 per game, and Aluma is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED