A game after he scored 29 points in a 91-90 loss to Oklahoma, Derek Culver leads the No. 13 West Virginia Mountaineers (14-6) on the road against the No. 12 Texas Longhorns (13-5) on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The Mountaineers are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 3:00 PM ET on ABC. The point total in the matchup is set at 146.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (+3.5)||Under (146.5)||Texas 74 West Virginia 72|
- The Longhorns and their opponents have combined to record more than 146.5 points in 44.4% of their games this season (eight of 18 opportunities).
- West Virginia has played in 11 games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 55% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 146.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 152.8 points per game, 6.3 more points than the total of 146.5 set for this game.
- The Longhorns and the Mountaineers have seen their opponents average a combined 7.0 less points per game than the over/under of 146.5 set in this matchup.
- The Longhorns average point total in matchups this season is 142.9, 3.6 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Mountaineers this year is 2.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Longhorns score just 3.4 more points per game (75.3) than the Mountaineers allow (71.9).
- When Texas totals more than 71.9 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- When West Virginia allows more than 75.3 points, it is 4-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Mountaineers average 9.9 more points per game (77.5) than the Longhorns allow their opponents to score (67.6).
- In games it scores more than 67.6 points, West Virginia is 10-0 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- Texas has a 0-3 record overall and an ATS record of 0-3 in games when its opponents put up more than 77.5 points.
- The Longhorns have put up a total of 139 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.7 per game), and the Mountaineers have out-scored opponents by 112 points on the season (5.6 more per game).
Texas Betting Information
- The Longhorns have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-11 record.
- The Longhorns have posted a losing record of 3-6 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- The Longhorns and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 18 games (61.1%) this season.
West Virginia Betting Information
- The Mountaineers have an even record against the spread, going 10-10 ATS.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Mountaineers have not fared well, going 5-7 against the spread.
- In the majority of West Virginia’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 20 games, 70%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||West Virginia||-1.5||140||-126||+104||Regular Season||72-70 UT|
|2/24/2020||West Virginia||-5.5||127.5||-233||+185||Regular Season||67-57 UT|
|1/20/2020||West Virginia||-9||130.5||-491||+352||Regular Season||97-59 WVU|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-53 UT|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-54 UT|
- Andrew Jones leads the Longhorns in scoring, tallying 15.9 points per game to go with 4.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Greg Brown III leads the Longhorns in rebounding, averaging 7.5 per game, while Matt Coleman III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Jones’ 2.2 threes per game leads the Longhorns.
- Coleman is the Longhorns leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Brown leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
West Virginia Leaders
- The Mountaineers’ Miles McBride racks up enough points (16.2 per game) and assists (4.8 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Culver is at the top of the West Virginia rebounding leaderboard with 10.4 rebounds per game. He also scores 15.1 points and adds 1.2 assists per game.
- Sean McNeil is the top scorer from distance for the Mountaineers, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- The Mountaineers’ leader in steals is McBride with 1.7 per game, and Culver is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds