Michael Weathers leads the Texas Southern Tigers (9-8) into a matchup with the Alabama State Hornets (4-10) after putting up 23 points in a 79-65 win over UAPB. The Hornets are 10.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, February 27, 2021, which starts at 5:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Southern (-10.5)||Under (139.5)||Texas Southern 74 Alabama State 62|
- The Tigers and their opponents have scored more than 139.5 points in 76.5% of their outings this year (13 of 17 opportunities).
- Alabama State and its opponents have added up to score more than 139.5 points in 35.7% of their games this season (five of 14 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 3.6 less points per game (135.9) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.5 fewer points per game (138) than this game’s total of 139.5 points.
- The average point total for Tigers games this season is 2.1 more points than the total of 139.5 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this season have averaged a total of 132.4 points, 7.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has covered in just five of 15 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 10.5 points, the Tigers have put together a 1-1-1 record ATS.
- The Tigers and their opponents have gone over the total in 8 of 15 games (53.3%) this season.
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State’s record against the spread is 7-7.
- The Hornets have not fared well as a 10.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Alabama State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 14 games, 35.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Texas Southern||-13.5||136.5||-1250||+731||Regular Season||80-73 TXS|
|3/2/2020||Texas Southern||-8.5||142.5||-421||+318||Regular Season||78-73 TXS|
|2/3/2020||Texas Southern||-5||141||-227||+179||Regular Season||79-55 ALASU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-68 TXS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-59 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 14.7 points and distributing 3.4 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads Texas Southern in rebounding, pulling down 6.4 rebounds per game while also scoring 9.6 points a contest.
- Galen Alexander connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.2 per outing.
- Weathers and John Walker III lead Texas Southern on the defensive end, with Weathers leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Walker in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle racks up 12.2 points per game and is the top scorer for the Hornets.
- The Hornets’ leader in rebounds is Kenny Strawbridge with 7.5 per matchup, and their leader in assists is DJ Heath with 2.6 per game.
- Kevion Stewart’s 1.7 made threes per game lead the Hornets.
- Heath (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Alabama State while Jordan O’Neal (1.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED