The Texas Southern Tigers (11-8) are big, 12-point favorites as they try to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Alcorn State Braves (6-10) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 143 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Southern (-12)||Under (143)||Texas Southern 76 Alcorn State 64|
- In 68.4% of their opportunities this season (13 of 19 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Alcorn State and its opponents have combined to score more than 143 points in seven of 16 outings (43.8%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 3.8 fewer points per game (139.2) than this matchup’s total of 143 points.
- The Tigers and the Braves have seen their opponents average a combined 1.5 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 142.9, 0.1 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Braves games this year is 2.2 less points than the point total of 143 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers record just 1.6 fewer points per game (73.3) than the Braves allow (74.9).
- When Texas Southern totals more than 74.9 points, it is 8-1 overall and 2-0-2 against the spread.
- When Alcorn State allows more than 73.3 points, it is 3-6 against the spread and 0-9 overall.
- The Braves’ 65.9 points per game are just 3.7 fewer points than the 69.6 the Tigers allow to opponents.
- Alcorn State has gone 3-3 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Texas Southern is 2-8-1 against the spread and 5-7 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 65.9 points.
- The Tigers have totaled 70 more points than their opponents this season (3.7 per game on average), while the Braves have been out-scored by 144 total points (nine per game average differential).
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 6-9-2 record.
- The Tigers have covered half the time, going 1-1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 12 points.
- In 9 of 17 (52.9%) contests this season, Texas Southern and its opponents have hit the over.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- Alcorn State’s record against the spread is 8-8.
- The Braves have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least a 12-point underdog.
- In most of Braves games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 16 games, 43.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Texas Southern||-1||153.5||-116||-107||Regular Season||90-75 ALCST|
|1/6/2020||Texas Southern||-10.5||146.5||-625||+447||Regular Season||95-80 ALCST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-72 TXS|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-70 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.4 points and distributing 3.2 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is Texas Southern’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.5 boards in each contest while scoring 10.1 points per game.
- Galen Alexander’s 1.2 threes per game leads the Tigers.
- Weathers is Texas Southern’s leader in steals, averaging 2.4 steals per game, while John Walker III leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
Alcorn State Leaders
- The Braves’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Troymain Crosby with 19.6 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Kurk Lee dishes out more assists than any other Alcorn State player with 4.1 per game. He also averages 10.3 points and grabs 2.1 rebounds per game.
- David Pierce III makes more threes per game than any other member of the Braves, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per game.
- Alcorn State’s leader in steals is Oddyst Walker (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Anthony Fairley (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED