The No. 3 seed Texas Southern Tigers (14-8) are favored by 2.5 points in their SWAC Tournament semifinal matchup against the No. 2 seed Jackson State Tigers (12-5) on Friday at Bartow Arena, starting at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN3. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 77.3% of their games this year (17 of 22 chances), the Texas Southern Tigers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 133 points.
- In eight of 17 outings (47.1%) this season, Jackson State has combined with its opponents to score at least 133 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.8 more points per game (138.8) than this game’s total of 133 points.
- The Texas Southern Tigers and the Jackson State Tigers have seen their opponents average a combined 1.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 133 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Texas Southern Tigers have had set in games this season is 10.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jackson State Tigers this year is 6.7 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Texas Southern Tigers average 74.1 points per game, 12.5 more points than the 61.6 the Jackson State Tigers allow.
- When Texas Southern totals more than 61.6 points, it is 7-0-2 against the spread and 14-7 overall.
- Jackson State is 0-4 overall and 0-4 against the spread when giving up more than 74.1 points.
- The Jackson State Tigers’ 64.7 points per game are just 4.8 fewer points than the 69.5 the Texas Southern Tigers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.5 points, Jackson State is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Texas Southern has an 8-7 record overall and an ATS record of 3-9-2 in games when its opponents score more than 64.7 points.
- The Texas Southern Tigers have totaled 101 more points than their opponents this season (4.6 per game on average), and the Jackson State Tigers have scored 53 more points than their opponents (3.1 per game).
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has struggled against the spread, going 8-10-2 on the year.
- The Texas Southern Tigers have struggled to cover, going just 4-6-1 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Texas Southern Tigers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 20 games this season.
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State has a winning record against the spread, going 9-8 ATS (covering 52.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Jackson State Tigers have a record ATS of 6-4.
- Jackson State and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 8 of 17.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-74 TXS|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-66 TXS|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-65 TXS|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The Texas Southern Tigers leader in points and assists is Michael Weathers, who puts up 16.1 points per game along with 3.5 assists.
- Texas Southern’s best rebounder is Joirdon Karl Nicholas, who averages 6.8 boards per game in addition to his 11.0 PPG average.
- John Jones leads the Texas Southern Tigers in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.0 shot per game from beyond the arc.
- Weathers is the Texas Southern Tigers leader in steals, averaging 2.3 steals per game, while Nicholas leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett puts up 20.1 points per game and is the top scorer for the Jackson State Tigers.
- The Jackson State Tigers’ leader in rebounds is Jayveous McKinnis with 12.5 per outing, and their leader in assists is Jonas James with 3.1 per game.
- Jarrett is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Jackson State Tigers, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Jackson State’s leader in steals is Jarrett with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is McKinnis with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED