The Texas Southern Tigers (12-8) are favored (-6) to extend a five-game win streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (8-9) at 8:30 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The matchup has an over/under of 143 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Under (143)||Texas Southern 74 Southern 68|
- In 70% of their games this year (14 of 20 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 143 points.
- Southern and its opponents have combined to score at least 143 points in 29.4% of their games this year (five of 17 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (143.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 less points per game (139.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- The average over/under the Tigers have had set in games this year is 0.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this season is 3.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.6 points the Tigers put up per game are just four more points than the Jaguars surrender (69.6).
- When Texas Southern scores more than 69.6 points, it is 9-4 overall and 3-0-2 against the spread.
- Southern has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall when giving up more than 73.6 points.
- The Jaguars’ 69.8 points per game are only 0.2 fewer points than the 70 the Tigers allow to opponents.
- In games it scores more than 70 points, Southern is 6-0 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- Texas Southern is 2-9-1 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 69.8 points.
- The Tigers have put up a total of 72 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.6 per game), and the Jaguars have out-scored opponents by only three points on the season (0.2 more per game).
Texas Southern Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 6-10-2 record.
- The Tigers have posted a losing record of 3-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- The Tigers and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 18 games (55.6%) this season.
Southern Betting Information
- The Jaguars have a losing record against the spread, going 7-9 ATS (covering only 43.8% of the time).
- The Jaguars have gone 4-4 against the spread when they are at least a 6-point underdog.
- Southern and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 8 of 16.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Southern||-4||142.5||-190||+154||Regular Season||89-74 SOUTH|
|1/4/2020||Texas Southern||-10||148.5||-590||+410||Regular Season||77-68 TXS|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-77 SOUTH|
|1/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-67 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.6 points and distributing 3.2 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is the Tigers best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.4 boards in each contest while scoring 10.2 points per game.
- Galen Alexander leads the Tigers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Weathers and John Walker III lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Weathers leading the team in steals averaging 2.3 per game and Walker in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- The Jaguars’ Jayden Saddler racks up enough points (11.3 per game) and assists (5.3 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Harrison Henderson is at the top of the Southern rebounding leaderboard with 6.5 rebounds per game. He also scores 8.4 points and tacks on 0.5 assists per game.
- Samkelo Cele provides the most three-point shooting production for the Jaguars. He knocks down 1.6 threes per game.
- Saddler (1.6 steals per game) and Andre Allen (0.5 blocks per game) pace the Jaguars in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview