The Texas State Bobcats (10-3) will attempt to extend a seven-game win streak when they host the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (9-3) at 5:00 PM ET on Friday, January 29, 2021 as 4.5-point favorites. The Ragin’ Cajuns have won three games in a row. The matchup has an over/under set at 131.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Louisiana (+4.5)||Over (131.5)||Louisiana 69 Texas State 68|
- The Bobcats and their opponents have scored at least 131.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 13 games (46.2%) this season.
- Louisiana and its opponents have combined to score more than 131.5 points in nine of 12 opportunities (75%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 142.3 points per game, 10.8 more points than the total of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 133.4 points per game, 1.9 more than the over/under for this game.
- The Bobcats average point total in matchups this season is 126.7, 4.8 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total in Ragin’ Cajuns games this season is 17.5 more points than the point total of 131.5 in this outing.
Texas State Betting Information
- Texas State has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 4-6-1 record.
- The Bobcats have posted a losing record of 2-4-1 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- Texas State and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 4 of 11 games this season (36.4%).
Louisiana Betting Information
- Louisiana has a losing record against the spread, going 3-4-1 ATS (covering just 37.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Ragin’ Cajuns have not fared well, going 1-2-1 against the spread.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 3 of 8 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-66 TXST|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-59 TXST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-62 TXST|
Texas State Leaders
- Mason Harrell leads the Bobcats in scoring, tallying 13.0 points per game to go with 3.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- Texas State’s leading rebounder is Isiah Small averaging 6.3 boards per game and its best passer is Marlin Davis and his 4.3 assists per game.
- Caleb Asberry makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bobcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.8 per contest.
- Davis and Small lead Texas State on the defensive end, with Davis leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Small in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Cedric Russell is the top scorer for the Ragin’ Cajuns with 17.3 points per game. He also adds 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game to his statistics.
- Louisiana’s leader in rebounds is Theo Akwuba with 10.3 per game, and its leader in assists is Brayan Au with 3.7 per game.
- Asberry paces his teammates on the Ragin’ Cajuns with 2.6 made threes per outing.
- Louisiana’s leader in steals is Mylik Wilson with 2.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Akwuba with 3.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED