The Iowa State Cyclones (2-6) host the No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (9-3) as 7-point underdogs after Javan Johnson racked up 21 points in the Cyclones 78-72 loss to Texas. The game airs on ESPN2 at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The point total is 133.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa State (+7)||Over (133.5)||Texas Tech 71 Iowa State 66|
- The Red Raiders and their opponents have scored at least 133.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 12 games (50%) this year.
- In seven of eight opportunities (87.5%) this year, Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score at least 133.5 points.
- The Red Raiders and the Cyclones combine to average 9.7 more points per game than the over/under of 133.5 set for this matchup.
- The Red Raiders and the Cyclones have seen their opponents average a combined 3.2 fewer points per game than the point total of 133.5 set in this matchup.
- The Red Raiders average point total in outings this season is 131.8, 1.7 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this year is 8.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Raiders average 74.2 points per contest, only 1.4 more points than the 72.8 the Cyclones allow their opponents.
- Texas Tech is 3-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- Iowa State has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 74.2 points.
- The Cyclones average 11.5 more points per game (69) than the Red Raiders give up (57.5).
- When it scores more than 57.5 points, Iowa State is 3-0 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- Texas Tech’s record is 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it allows more than 69 points.
- The Red Raiders have totaled 201 more points than their opponents this season (16.7 per game on average), while the Cyclones have been out-scored by 30 total points (3.8 per game average differential).
Texas Tech Betting Information
- The Red Raiders have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-8 record.
- The Red Raiders have struggled to cover, going just 3-5 ATS when favored by at least 7 points.
- Texas Tech and its opponents have converted the over just 5 times in 11 (45.5%) games this season.
Iowa State Betting Information
- The Cyclones have a losing record against the spread, going 3-5 ATS (covering just 37.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 7-point underdogs, the Cyclones have a record ATS of 0-3.
- Iowa State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 3 of 8 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-57 TTU|
|1/18/2020||Texas Tech||-7.5||136.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-52 TTU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-73 TTU|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-64 IAST|
Texas Tech Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Red Raiders this season is Mac McClung, who averages 15.1 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game.
- Marcus Santos-Silva is Texas Tech’s leading rebounder, pulling down 6.2 per game, while Kyler Edwards is its best passer, distributing 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Edwards’ 1.8 made threes per game lead the Red Raiders.
- Nimari Burnett and Santos-Silva lead the Red Raiders on the defensive end, with Burnett leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Santos-Silva in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton’s points (14.8 per game) and assists (5.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Cyclones’ leaderboards.
- The Cyclones’ top rebounder is Solomon Young — he grabs 5.5 per game while scoring 11.6 points per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands is dependable from distance and leads the Cyclones with 2.5 made threes per game.
- Iowa State’s leader in steals is Bolton with 2.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Young with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found