The No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (15-8) are at home in Big 12 play against the TCU Horned Frogs (12-10) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Red Raiders are double-digit favorites by 12.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under for the matchup is set at 132.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|TCU (+12.5)||Over (132)||Texas Tech 75 TCU 63|
- The Red Raiders and their opponents have combined to score more than 132 points in 56.5% of their outings this season (13 of 23 opportunities).
- In 12 of 22 outings (54.5%) this year, TCU and its opponents have combined to score more than 132 points.
- The Red Raiders and the Horned Frogs combine to average 9.7 more points per game than the over/under of 132 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.1 more points per game (134.1) than this matchup’s total of 132 points.
- The Red Raiders average point total in matchups this season is 136.4, 4.4 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Horned Frogs this year is 7.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Raiders put up just 2.3 more points per game (73.2) than the Horned Frogs give up (70.9).
- Texas Tech is 11-3 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- TCU has a 4-6 record against the spread and a 4-6 record overall when allowing more than 73.2 points.
- The Horned Frogs put up an average of 68.5 points per game, 5.3 more points than the 63.2 the Red Raiders give up.
- TCU has put together an 11-5 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.2 points.
- Texas Tech has an ATS record of 2-5 and a 3-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 68.5 points.
- The Red Raiders have totaled 229 more points than their opponents this season (10 per game on average), while the Horned Frogs have been out-scored by 52 total points (2.4 per game average differential).
Texas Tech Betting Information
- Texas Tech has struggled against the spread, going 7-15 on the year.
- The Red Raiders have struggled to cover, going just 3-5 ATS when favored by at least 12.5 points.
- Texas Tech and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 11 of 22 games this season (50%).
TCU Betting Information
- The Horned Frogs have a losing record against the spread, going 9-12 ATS (covering only 42.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Horned Frogs have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In most of TCU’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 21 games, 47.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2020||Texas Tech||-10||127.5||-606||+425||Regular Season||88-42 TTU|
|1/21/2020||Texas Tech||-2.5||125||-149||+120||Regular Season||65-54 TCU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-66 TTU|
|1/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-65 TTU|
Texas Tech Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Red Raiders this season is Mac McClung, who averages 16.8 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game.
- Kevin McCullar leads the Red Raiders in rebounding, averaging 6.5 per game, while Kyler Edwards leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- McClung leads his teammates on the Red Raiders with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- McCullar and Marcus Santos-Silva lead Texas Tech on the defensive end, with McCullar leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Santos-Silva in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- RJ Nembhard’s points (16.9 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Horned Frogs’ leaderboards.
- Kevin Samuel grabs 8.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 9.2 points per game and adds 0.8 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the TCU rebounding leaderboard.
- Mike Miles contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Horned Frogs. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game.
- Nembhard (1.2 steals per game) and Samuel (1.8 blocks per game) pace the Horned Frogs in steals and blocks, respectively.