The No. 6 seed Texas Tech Red Raiders (17-9) are 1-point favorites in the Big 12 Tournament quarterfinals when they play the No. 3 seed Texas Longhorns (17-7) on Thursday at Sprint Center, tipping off at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN2. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (+1)||Over (135.5)||Texas Tech 71 Texas 70|
- In 46.2% of their games this year (12 of 26 chances), the Red Raiders and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- Texas and its opponents have combined to score more than 135.5 points in 75% of their matchups this year (18 of 24 opportunities).
- The Red Raiders and the Longhorns combine to average 12.7 more points per game than the over/under of 135.5 set for this matchup.
- The Red Raiders and the Longhorns have seen their opponents average a combined 4.0 less points per game than the point total of 135.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Red Raiders games this year is 1.1 more points than the over/under of 135.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Longhorns this season is 7.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.3 points per game the Red Raiders record are 5.1 more points than the Longhorns give up (68.2).
- Texas Tech has an 8-0 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall when putting up more than 68.2 points.
- Texas has compiled a 0-8 record against the spread and a 3-5 record overall in games when it gives up more than 73.3 points.
- The Longhorns put up an average of 74.9 points per game, 11.6 more points than the 63.3 the Red Raiders give up.
- Texas has put together a 17-6 overall record and a 10-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.3 points.
- Texas Tech is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 74.9 points.
- The Red Raiders have totaled 261 more points than their opponents this season (10 per game on average), and the Longhorns have scored 161 more points than their opponents (6.7 per game).
Texas Tech Betting Information
- Texas Tech has covered in just nine of 25 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Red Raiders have struggled to an 8-13 record ATS this season.
- The Red Raiders have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 12 of 25 games (48%).
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 10-14 ATS.
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the Longhorns have a record ATS of 6-10.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 15 of 24 (62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2021||Texas Tech||-4||136||-178||+147||Regular Season||68-59 TTU|
|1/13/2021||Texas Tech||-0.5||130.5||-105||-115||Regular Season||79-77 TTU|
|2/29/2020||Texas Tech||-11||126||-780||+500||Regular Season||68-58 UT|
|2/8/2020||Texas Tech||-2.5||130||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-57 TTU|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-51 TTU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 TTU|
Texas Tech Leaders
- The Red Raiders scoring leader is Mac McClung, who averages 16.1 per contest to go with 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Marcus Santos-Silva leads the Red Raiders in rebounding, averaging 6.3 per game, while Kyler Edwards leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- Edwards makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Red Raiders, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.9 per contest.
- Kevin McCullar is Texas Tech’s leader in steals, averaging 1.6 steals per game, while Santos-Silva leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
- Andrew Jones is at the top of the Longhorns scoring leaderboard with 14.9 points per game. He also collects 4.8 rebounds and averages 2.1 assists per game.
- Jericho Sims has a stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 8.7 points and 0.6 assists per game for Texas to take the top rebound spot on the team. Matt Coleman III has the top spot for assists with 4.2 per game, adding 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds per contest.
- Courtney Ramey leads his teammates on the Longhorns with 2.0 made threes per contest.
- Coleman (1.3 steals per game) and Greg Brown III (1.1 blocks per game) lead the Longhorns in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED