The No. 1 seed Toledo Rockets (20-7) and the No. 8 seed Ball State Cardinals (10-12) meet in the MAC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, starting at 11:00 AM ET on ESPN+. Toledo is favored by 8 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ball State (+8)||Under (155)||Toledo 79 Ball State 71|
- In 14 of 27 outings (51.9%) this season, the Rockets and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 155 points.
- Ball State has combined with its opponents to score more than 155 points in seven of 22 outings (31.8%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (155.4) than this game’s total of 155 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.8 less points per game (146.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 155 points.
- The Rockets average point total in outings this season is 152.7, 2.3 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total for Cardinals games this season is 6.1 fewer points than the point total of 155 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Rockets score 6.5 more points per game (81.3) than the Cardinals allow (74.8).
- Toledo has a 16-3 record overall and a 14-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 74.8 points.
- When Ball State allows more than 81.3 points, it is 0-6 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Cardinals put up an average of 74.1 points per game, only 2.7 more points than the 71.4 the Rockets give up to opponents.
- In games when it puts up more than 71.4 points, Ball State is 8-0 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Toledo has an ATS record of 7-5 and a 6-6 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.1 points.
- The Rockets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 269 points this season (9.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cardinals have out-scored them by just 15 more points on the year (0.7 per game).
Toledo Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Rockets have covered 18 times in 26 contests.
- When favored by at least 8 points, the Rockets have fared well against the spread, compiling a 9-4 record.
- The Rockets and their opponents have gone over the total in 15 of 26 games (57.7%) this season.
Ball State Betting Information
- The Cardinals have a losing record against the spread, going 8-14 ATS (covering just 36.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Cardinals have a record ATS of 1-1.
- Ball State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 72.7% of matchups this year (16 out of 22 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2021||Toledo||-9.5||155.5||-481||+361||Regular Season||89-70 TOLEDO|
|2/6/2021||Toledo||-8.5||149||-417||+321||Regular Season||81-67 BALLST|
|2/29/2020||Toledo||-2||136||-137||+111||Regular Season||69-63 TOLEDO|
|1/3/2020||Ball State||-1.5||136.5||-126||+104||Regular Season||61-57 BALLST|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-72 TOLEDO|
|1/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-64 BALLST|
- The Rockets leader in points and assists is Marreon Jackson, who puts up 17.6 points per game along with 6.1 assists.
- Setric Millner Jr. leads the Rockets in rebounding, pulling down 6.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.4 points a contest.
- Spencer Littleson’s 3.6 threes per game leads the Rockets.
- Jackson is Toledo’s leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while JT Shumate leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
Ball State Leaders
- Ishmael El-Amin is the top scorer for the Cardinals with 16.3 points per game. He also adds 3.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game to his statistics.
- Ball State’s leader in rebounds is Brachen Hazen with 5.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Jarron Coleman with 3.5 per game.
- Coleman hits more threes per game than any other member of the Cardinals, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
- The Cardinals’ leader in steals is El-Amin with 1.4 per game, and Blake Huggins is their leader in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED