The Tulane Green Wave will be looking to snap out of a discouraging losing streak when they hit the road to take on the 25th-ranked Houston Cougars on Thursday night. With Houston looking to get back in the win column after suffering a heartbreaking loss the last time out and Tulane completely desperate, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NCAAB odds in this Tulane vs Houston contest.
Tulane vs Houston 2020 College Basketball Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Thursday February 6, 2020, 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Fertitta Center, Houston, TX
- Radio: Tulane / Houston
- TV: ESPNU
- NCAAB Odds: Houston -16.5
- Total: 135.5
Why Bet On Tulane?
Tulane has lost five straight games including a humbling 82-67 road loss against SMU on Saturday. K.J. Lawson. Lawson put up a team-high 15 points to go along with seven rebounds and one assist, but the Green Wave allowed Houston to shoot a blistering 51 percent from the field while suffering their fifth straight double-digit loss. Tulane leads the AAC in 3-point shooting percentage (35.8), but averages an uninspiring 68.6 points per game (257th) while allowing 69.3 points per contest defensively (187th). The Green Wave are 2-4 in six road dates this season.
- Total Score: 68.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.85
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.77
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.26
- Total Rebounds: 30.76
- Total Score: 69.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.23
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.17
- Total Rebounds: 38.05
Tulane NCAAB Betting Trends
- Green Wave are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games as a road underdog.
- Green Wave are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 road games.
- Green Wave are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Green Wave are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Green Wave are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Green Wave are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games as an underdog.
- Green Wave are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss.
Why Bet On Houston?
The Cougars had their five-game winning streak snapped in their narrow 64-62 road loss against Cincinnati on Saturday. Nate Hinton put up a team-high 16 points to go along with 8 rebounds, but the Cougars shot just 36 percent from the field in the loss while blowing a 10-point halftime lead. Not only that, but junior guard DeJon Jarreau was involved in a biting incident in the loss and now must face a team-imposed one-game suspension.
“I made a poor decision,” Jarreau said in a statement provided by the university. “I apologize to Cincinnati forward Mamoudou Diarra for my actions as well as head coach John Brannen and the Cincinnati program, coach (Kelvin) Sampson and my teammates.”
The Cougars average 73.5 points per game (117th) while limiting the opposition to 63.5 points per contest defensively (44th). Houston has won seven of their nine home dates so far this season.
- Total Score: 73.55
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.00
- Total Rebounds: 42.18
- Total Score: 63.55
- Field Goal Percentage: 38.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 30.79
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.72
- Total Rebounds: 32.32
Houston NCAAB Betting Trends
- Cougars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Cougars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Cougars are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games as a favorite.
Tulane vs Houston Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know the huge, double-digit point spread looks daunting in this matchup, but Tulane is playing horrific basketball and Houston will be locked-in after losing their last contest. Not only that, but the Cougars have won 8 of the last 10 meetings against the Green Wave. Houston is also the fourth best offensive rebounding team in the country, while Tulane is 304th in defensive rebounding. With Tulane going 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games overall and Houston going a scorching 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games overall, I like the Cougars to get it done in this one!
Pick: Houston 77 Tulane 57