The UAB Blazers (14-2) will attempt to build on a four-game win streak when they host the UTEP Miners (8-8) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at Bartow Arena as 7.5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under for the matchup is set at 131.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAB (-7.5)||Over (131.5)||UAB 73 UTEP 62|
- The Blazers and their opponents have recorded more than 131.5 points in 56.2% of their games this season (nine of 16 opportunities).
- UTEP has combined with its opponents to score more than 131.5 points in 12 of 16 games (75%) this season.
- The Blazers and the Miners combine to average 14.9 more points per game than the total of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 128.5 points per game, 3.0 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Blazers average point total in matchups this year is 132.4, 0.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- Miners games this season have averaged a total of 142.7 points, 11.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.2 points the Blazers record per game are only 3.8 more points than the Miners allow (70.4).
- UAB is 6-0 against the spread and 9-0 overall when scoring more than 70.4 points.
- UTEP is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when allowing more than 74.2 points.
- The Miners’ 72.2 points per game are 14.1 more points than the 58.1 the Blazers give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 58.1 points, UTEP is 7-0 against the spread and 8-6 overall.
- UAB has a 1-0 record overall and an ATS record of 1-0 in games when its opponents score more than 72.2 points.
- The Blazers have scored a total of 258 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 16.1 per game), and the Miners have out-scored opponents by 29 points on the season (1.8 more per game).
UAB Betting Information
- UAB has been solid against the spread, going 9-5 this season.
- The Blazers fare well when favored by at least 7.5 points, posting a 7-4 record against the spread.
- The Blazers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 5 of 14 games (35.7%).
UTEP Betting Information
- UTEP has a 7-6 record against the spread, covering in 53.8% of their contests.
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Miners have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- UTEP has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 53.8% of matchups this season (7 out of 13 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 UAB|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-63 UAB|
- Tavin Lovan leads the Blazers in points and assists per game, scoring 13.2 points and distributing 2.8 assists.
- Trey Jemison leads UAB in rebounding, pulling down 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 7.8 points a contest.
- Jalen Benjamin provides the most three-point shooting production for the Blazers. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- Quan Jackson is the Blazers leader in steals, averaging 2.5 steals per game, while Jemison leads them in blocks with 2.4 per contest.
- Souley Boum puts up 17.8 points per game to be the top scorer for the Miners.
- The UTEP leaders in rebounding and assists are Bryson Williams with 6.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 15.3 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Jamal Bieniemy with 4.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.5 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- Boum is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Miners, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Boum (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for UTEP while Tydus Verhoeven (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED