The UConn Huskies (5-1) visit the Butler Bulldogs (3-5) in a matchup of AAC teams at Hinkle Fieldhouse, tipping off at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The Huskies are 3-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 128.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In three of six opportunities (50%) this year, the Huskies and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s point total of 128.5 points.
- Butler and its opponents have added up to score more than 128.5 points in 37.5% of their matchups this year (three of eight chances).
- These teams average a combined 139.6 points per game, 11.1 more points than the total of 128.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.6 more points per game (132.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 128.5 points.
- The average over/under the Huskies have had set in games this season is 10.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Bulldogs games this season have averaged an over/under of 132.8 points, 4.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Huskies average 6.9 more points per game (75.5) than the Bulldogs give up (68.6).
- UConn has a 3-1 record overall and a 3-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 68.6 points.
- In games when Butler allows more than 75.5 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Bulldogs put up only 0.6 more points per game (64.1) than the Huskies allow their opponents to score (63.5).
- Butler has compiled a 2-2 overall record and a 1-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.5 points.
- UConn has a 1-1 record overall and an ATS record of 2-0 in games when its opponents score more than 64.1 points.
- The Huskies have totaled 72 more points than their opponents this season (12 per game on average), while the Bulldogs have been out-scored by 36 total points (4.5 per game average differential).
UConn Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Huskies have covered four times in five contests.
- The Huskies have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -3 or bigger.
- UConn has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 2 times in 5 contests (40%).
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 3-4-1 ATS.
- The Bulldogs have not fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- In 4 out Butler’s 8 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
- The Huskies scoring leader is James Bouknight, who averages 20.3 per contest to go with 5.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Tyrese Martin leads UConn in rebounding, averaging 8.8 per game, while R.J. Cole leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.0 in each contest.
- The Huskies get the most three-point shooting production out of Cole, who knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- Bouknight is the Huskies leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Isaiah Whaley leads them in blocks with 2.3 per contest.
- Jair Bolden is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 13.5 points per game. He also tacks on 4.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game to his stats.
- The Butler leaders in rebounding and assists are Bryce Nze with 6.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.9 points and 2.0 assists per game) and Chuck Harris with 2.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 12.0 points and 2.9 rebounds per game).
- Bolden leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting with an average of 2.9 made threes per game.
- Butler’s leader in steals is Harris (0.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nze (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found